How good is Cincy?

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
Yep - and they almost lost, even with the huge talent differential. Well, this year's Alabama team has really under-performed time after time when the players did not respect an opponent. That is what Cincy is counting on. Take them lightly and you could lose. Take them seriously and they really have no chance.

Is this team mature enough after the Auburn game to take Cincy seriously? We will see.
I think we take this game seriously. Still, that UGA team was without a whole bunch of stars and starters. It was a close game, but let’s not pretend that they should have been on the same field when the games matter. You’re in the right though that BAMA should take them seriously because any given night anything can happen.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I think the fact that they played a competitive game with Georgia last season ( and were actually winning 21-10 after 3 quarters) in the Peach Bowl gives them a lot of confidence and has them believing they can play with and actually upset an SEC team. I think we better play our "A" game.
That was not a playoff game. UC treated it like it was because they had something to prove. UGA did not, because they actually expected to be in the playoffs, not playing in a bowl game 60 minutes from home. Not trying to make excuses, but it does matter.

UGA and AL know how to take care of business in the playoffs, UM and UC are happy to be invited. Does that mean UM and UC cannot win, no, but I would be surprised in any matchup other than AL and UGA for the championship.

Reactions: The Ols

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Yep - and they almost lost, even with the huge talent differential. Well, this year's Alabama team has really under-performed time after time when the players did not respect an opponent. That is what Cincy is counting on. Take them lightly and you could lose. Take them seriously and they really have no chance.

Is this team mature enough after the Auburn game to take Cincy seriously? We will see.
Yea, I think this is accurate. We probably don't need to play our best game to win but we certainly can't just show up and win.

And really we better be ready for the NCCG if we do win because neither Georgia or Michigan will be an easy out. We'll need to be on the level we were for the SECCG to win it all this year so there is no sense in waiting a week to do so. Come out strong vs Cincy and keep it going into the NCCG

Reactions: B1GTide

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
I’m going back to what WA said about the team being “together” in meetings and in practice, and I think he meant in the week leading up to the SECCG (after the Barn game). If he was saying they were all on the same page for the first time this year (I think he was - that’s what I took away from his interview), then maybe it’s just taken longer than expected for the chemistry to develop; sure looks like it was there Saturday. One of the linemen (not sure who) said after the trophy was awarded “we got work to do” or “we gotta get back to work”, indicating to me the team has likely turned a corner. Maybe the yummy rat poison got to them.
Even with Metchie down, if BRob is healthy and Allen is back (and even if he isn’t), I don’t think the game will be close for more than a quarter.

Kmqybama

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 29, 2018
I think the voodoo is connected to the building that burned down next door to the stadium back in the nineties. A deal with the devil that went wrong, and was later set right.

That fire did over $50million of improvements to the campus. 😉

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Not that it matters at this point (Bama being ready for them is all that counts), but I'd guess that there are probably at 7 or 8 teams in the SEC that would have beaten Cincy this year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think if we do whatever Tulsa University did against Cincinnati we're gonna win bigly.
Like Alabama, Cincy played down to their competition a few times this year. Unlike Alabama, Cincy had senior leadership that should have been able to avoid that. But the point is the same - even very good teams often do this. Cincy will be fired up to play Alabama.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
They are better than Tulsa by an inch apparently. And Tulane by a score. ;)
I actually live in Tulsa, and watched that game on TV and Tulsa had a couple chances with about 10 mins left in the 4th quarter, and again with 7 mins to drive the ball down field and take the lead. I believe they went 3 and out a couple times and that pretty much stalled their momentum and iced the game.

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
Like Alabama, Cincy played down to their competition a few times this year. Unlike Alabama, Cincy had senior leadership that should have been able to avoid that. But the point is the same - even very good teams often do this. Cincy will be fired up to play Alabama.
I’m not sure about this one. Seems like they played this way every game and maybe punched up when it came to Notre Dame.

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Completely agree with B1G's assessment. Once again the outcome depends on whether the Alabama team that played Auburn or the Alabama team that played UGA shows up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.