How good is Cincy?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I don't know why you think that. Both Notre Dame and Oklahoma keep getting blown out in the playoffs, yet people keep saying they belong. We got whipped in the finals by Clemson, and that didn't mean we didn't belong. I hope we beat them easily and move on, but I doubt that will keep some people from beating the G5 drum.
That’s because usually there isn’t another better option when OU and ND get in.
Completely agree with B1G's assessment. Once again the outcome depends on whether the Alabama team that played Auburn or the Alabama team that played UGA shows up.
name one Saban team that didn’t show up ready to play in the playoffs? Even 2014 showed up. They just couldn’t maintain.

they will show up

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That’s because usually there isn’t another better option when OU and ND get in.

name one Saban team that didn’t show up ready to play in the playoffs? Even 2014 showed up. They just couldn’t maintain.

they will show up
I would argue that 2014 showed up and got beat by a better team. Look, I'm as big a fan as anyone and it pains me to say it, but we just got flat out beat by a better team when Ohio State beat us. Not "much" better - but better enough.

(Did we play a role? Yeah, we helped, but we help teams all the time and they still lose).

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I'd say Cincinnati is about on par with Arkansas.
You caused me to look at the Cincinatti Roster. It is difficult for me to think of them being as physical as Arkansas comparing the level of competition both teams played.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Like Alabama, Cincy played down to their competition a few times this year. Unlike Alabama, Cincy had senior leadership that should have been able to avoid that. But the point is the same - even very good teams often do this. Cincy will be fired up to play Alabama.
I know we will get Cincinnati's best game.
BUT...
Can Cincinnati handle our best game?

Reactions: Toddrn

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
No one can handle Alabama's best game.
Not worried about focus anymore. They flipped the switch. I think it’s on now.

I do expect them to handle business with Cinci. I also expect Kirby to tryto reinvent the wheel if he gets to the CG, because I think he will think he has to to win.

UGA is a “what you see is what you get” team. Meat and Potatoes.

I think he’s going to try too hard to reinvent his team in just 3-4 weeks.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I do expect them to handle business with Cinci. I also expect Kirby to tryto reinvent the wheel if he gets to the CG, because I think he will think he has to to win.

I think you're probably correct here - it'll be interesting to see how this young team handles a few weeks off. If they remain focused, Bama will bring home #19, regardless as to what Kirby tries.

RTR

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Agreed...but more defensively than offensively...although they may try to run the ball more on us. I do expect to see more outside blitzes and trying to force us to get the ball out even quicker...with Metchie gone that would be an excellent plan. I am sure we have a plan for that as well....

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Agreed...but more defensively than offensively...although they may try to run the ball more on us. I do expect to see more outside blitzes and trying to force us to get the ball out even quicker...with Metchie gone that would be an excellent plan. I am sure we have a plan for that as well....
if we use a similar offensive plan as we did in the SEC CG and keep the receivers out pretty wide it makes the outside blitz very risky since they have to leave a receiver to make that work, and it's much more clear who would be blitzing so we can throw right over/around it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
if we use a similar offensive plan as we did in the SEC CG and keep the receivers out pretty wide it makes the outside blitz very risky since they have to leave a receiver to make that work, and it's much more clear who would be blitzing so we can throw right over/around it.
Yes, I would imgaine we use little from Ole Miss game and Georgia game mix them together and I think we'll do just fine. Right now, we would need to take a balanced approach against them. Control the tempo, establish running game and burn clock as much as we can. What I mean is use the 1st half to get up on point as quick as possible, and then switch to burn clock mode from there. I think Young will have at least 230 yards passing and Robinson will have 170 yards rushing. I believe this is the game where Leary get little more look at WR/RB. With Metchie out, and who we are playing, I think we'll revert back to running the ball little more than usual, especially now that we have Seth starting.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
You caused me to look at the Cincinatti Roster. It is difficult for me to think of them being as physical as Arkansas comparing the level of competition both teams played.
I’m thinking more from the standpoint of both are well coached teams. And Cincinnati would probably finish 3rd in the SEC West.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.