Poll: How many more National Championships for Saban?

How many more National Championships for Saban?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Two

Votes: 68 60.2%
  • 3 or more

Votes: 27 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
For the past few years I've been preparing myself for CNS's retirement just in case. But, something has changed my mind this year. Maybe it's his comments after the COVID stuff. I now think we really might that we have another 5+ years of CNS left. And if that's the case I'm going to bet on him winning 3 titles

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I said two, but I guess it kind of just depends on how long he coaches. He basically wins one every 2-3 years at this point.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
For the past few years I've been preparing myself for CNS's retirement just in case. But, something has changed my mind this year. Maybe it's his comments after the COVID stuff. I now think we really might that we have another 5+ years of CNS left. And if that's the case I'm going to bet on him winning 3 titles
The Covid stuff comments were the same comments he has made over the past several years in that he would not know what to do or what to do with his time without football. He loves what he is doing and anybody that loves what they are doing and performing at a high level wants to keep working/coaching/etc. I will be absolutely shocked if he does not go at least another 5 if not 7 or 8 years and like you I think 3 more titles is not an unrealistic achievement.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Just bet on every 3 years for about 9 years if his health holds up. By hiring former head coaches he makes life much easier on himself...they know what to do and can pick up the stuff that wears on you as a head coach. I am really stunned at how he has this leadership gig down to a science...

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
It obviously depends on how long he coaches, but only to a degree. What’s as important is a combination of two things that will affect recruiting, a lead indicator of competing for championships:
  1. The extent to which he is transparently energized about competing. Saban is 100% in control of this, which bodes well for competing for more championships.
  2. The extent to which recruits and players believe the Alabama run, and their positioning for NFL careers, can continue after Saban’s departure, whenever that may be. Saban and the AD can largely influence if not control this by making clear that what Saban brought to Tuscaloosa was a permanent cultural shift that will survive him. That means at least two things:
    1. The AD communicates a vision that means continued priority investments of time and money in football.
    2. The next head coach is either on staff for the last several years of Saban’s tenure, or a successful head coach elsewhere adhering to the Saban philosophy (though not necessarily of his tree).
Greg Byrne is as important to this equation as is Saban. If he goes to the PAC-12, the choice of his replacement as AD will affect our football fortunes in the post-Saban era...

Last edited:
Reactions: Padreruf

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Ole Miss scares me more than Miami.
IDK. Ole Miss being at home and probably better for us but considering that it’s probably is game 2 might prove difficult

I think our schedule would probably look like this

* 9-4 Miami (Atlanta)
11 ole Miss
18 @ aTm
* 25 USM
10-2 @ MSU
9 @ Florida
16 Arkansas
23 Tennessee
30 Bye
11-6 LSU
* 13 NMSU
* 20 Mercer
27 @Auburn

* dates already scheduled.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
He's going to win the next two and call it a day with yet another milestone under his belt -- the elusive three in a row.

Edit: Hope I'm right about the three in a row but wrong about the two more years.

Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If the OL gels, Bama will be very, very tough to stop again, and the defense returns a bunch of youth.
It kinda reminds me of 2015...

- Lost our record breaking receiver and his sidekick
- Lost a good portion of our O line
- Breaking in a qb that didnt look good in previous season
- Bringing back a defense that was incredibly young the previous year
- No one will be picking Bama after week 1 until they shut them up

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
It's hilarious that - out of 108 current votes - not a single person thinks he won't win another.
When I posted this thread I didn't think the number of "None" votes would be high but I thought someone would have picked it because we have a few fans of other schools posting here like Auburn fans and Oklahoma fans to name a few. I thought one or more of them might think he's done since he has the record now or perhaps hope he's done for their own teams sake.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.