Poll: How many more National Championships for Saban?

How many more National Championships for Saban?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Two

Votes: 68 60.2%
  • 3 or more

Votes: 27 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Since questions like this seem to appear every time Saban wins another championship I decided to have a poll again. While many pundits think he's near the end of winning championships I think he could still coach and win for quite a while since he seems in good health and doesn't appear to have any big desire other than continue coaching.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Odds are we can count out 2021 simply because it's VERY difficult to repeat (remember - nobody has done this since we went to the playoff because sometimes the game you draw early can affect the next game....and the fact these are "we're invincible" 20-year olds).

I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE, I'm saying don't expect it. HOPE for it, yes.

But I think Saban has at most 4-5 years left so I doubt it's more than two.

I'd love to be wrong, though.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I am going with two for the same reasons as @B1GTide. He could reach three if he is motivated and has lady luck on his side to make it to a nice even ten national titles by his name. I just think he may run out of time for that.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I voted 'three or more' as I believe he'll coach for a number of years yet. Not just wishful thinking on my part as I know people like Saban - motivated, driven people who simply cannot 'sit around and enjoy life.' Retirement is not a thing for people like him. He'll continue to coach until he thinks he cannot uphold his own standard anymore, and I think he can do that for 5-10 more years, health issues notwithstanding...

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
Odds are we can count out 2021 simply because it's VERY difficult to repeat (remember - nobody has done this since we went to the playoff because sometimes the game you draw early can affect the next game....and the fact these are "we're invincible" 20-year olds).

I agree. Though, I think we have a great shot of doing it.

We should have repeated in 2016 at least. We've been close twice.

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
I picked at least 3 if he can hang on 6 or more years and keeps winning chips at his current pace that is what he is trending to.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

IDK. 2021 is going to probably be a lot better team than what many believe, and looking around the SEC I really only see one clear challenger and that is Georgia. You are really going to have to bet on Georgia to stop us from getting to the playoffs.

Outside the SEC, Oklahoma might be the best team coming back. North Carolina has the most talent coming back but can they get out of the ACC is the biggest question.

So really the biggest threats against a repeat right now stand to be Georgia and Oklahoma. Two teams with massive issues of sealing the deal. Sure someone could come out of nowhere and mess the whole thing up, but I don’t see a 2019 LSU team out there with the exception of North Carolina.

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
IDK. 2021 is going to probably be a lot better team than what many believe, and looking around the SEC I really only see one clear challenger and that is Georgia. You are really going to have to bet on Georgia to stop us from getting to the playoffs.

Outside the SEC, Oklahoma might be the best team coming back. North Carolina has the most talent coming back but can they get out of the ACC is the biggest question.

So really the biggest threats against a repeat right now stand to be Georgia and Oklahoma. Two teams with massive issues of sealing the deal. Sure someone could come out of nowhere and mess the whole thing up, but I don’t see a 2019 LSU team out there with the exception of North Carolina.
The Georgia question will be answered when they play Clemson at the beginning of the season. Clemson hasn’t gone anywhere.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Georgia question will be answered when they play Clemson at the beginning of the season. Clemson hasn’t gone anywhere.
I think Georgia trucks them and everyone will believe they are the best team in the nation.

IMO Bama’s toughest games preseason are this.

1) @aTm
2) LSU
3) Miami
4) @Florida

Not exactly murderers row.

Reactions: Bill from NYC

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.