How to get the vaccine - state by state guide (WSJ)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
SUMMARY FOR SOME STATES WHERE MOST TF's LIVE:

ALABAMA
Website

Hotline: 1-855-566-5333

Who
: health-care workers, long-term-care residents, 75+ , law enforcement officers and firefighters. The call center will take your contact information.
no pre-registration available.

Hotline: (866) 201-6313

Who:
long-term care facility residents and staff, 65+, health-care personnel with direct patient contact, and residents deemed to be extremely vulnerable to Covid-19. County health departments and hospital providers

Hotline: n/a

Who:
Group 1A+ (health-care workers, first responders, long-term-care facility residents, 65+). Table of vaccination sites. Book appointments directly, as they become available. no pre-registration available.

Hotline: 877-978-6453

Who:
65+, adults w/ chronic health condition, long-term-care facility residents and staff, health-care personnel and EMT/paramedics; list of drive-through vaccination sites. No pre-registration for others.

Who:
varies by county; mostly 1A & 75+; Some counties are in 1B . 1A includes inpatient health-care providers, first responders with direct exposure to the public, and staff and residents of long-term-care facilities, and those primarily working in outpatient health-care settings. 1B includes teachers and staff of child-care centers and K-12 schools and other first responders. Estimated timeline. Some employers may offer vaccine, local health department or partnering hospitals. County-by-county information with text updates available.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I encourage each of you to consider the elderly in your community who may not be able to navigate this without some help. My wife has helped more than a dozen elderly up here who she reached out to. Without registering for the vaccine up here, you cannot get the shots. Well, what if you don't even know that there is a registration process, much less understand how to navigate it?

Reactions: The Ols

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

ALABAMA
Website

Who
: health-care workers, long-term-care residents, 75+ , law enforcement officers and firefighters. The call center will take your contact information.

Who:
long-term care facility residents and staff, 65+, health-care personnel with direct patient contact, and residents deemed to be extremely vulnerable to Covid-19. County health departments and hospital providers

Who:
Group 1A+ (health-care workers, first responders, long-term-care facility residents, 65+). Table of vaccination sites. Book appointments directly, as they become available. no pre-registration available.

Who:
65+, adults w/ chronic health condition, long-term-care facility residents and staff, health-care personnel and EMT/paramedics; list of drive-through vaccination sites. No pre-registration for others.

Who:
varies by county; mostly 1A & 75+; Some counties are in 1B . 1A includes inpatient health-care providers, first responders with direct exposure to the public, and staff and residents of long-term-care facilities, and those primarily working in outpatient health-care settings. 1B includes teachers and staff of child-care centers and K-12 schools and other first responders. Estimated timeline. Some employers may offer vaccine, local health department or partnering hospitals. County-by-county information with text updates available.
The Georgia site isn't very helpful. The two best ways in Ga. are to follow Publix (weekly new appt.times) and if you're N of the city, First Redeemer and Brown's Bridge Churches do mass public vaccinations once a week as well. (You must have an appt.)
*Publix appointments open up @ 6AM, be ready!

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
  • Thank You
Reactions: The Ols

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

ALABAMA
Website

Who

Who:

Who:

Who:

Who:
I find it hilarious that Tennessee is the southeastern state that is most confusing. Some counties are 1A while some are 1B? Plus 1A and 75+ are 2 separate categories that come before 1 B.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I find it hilarious that Tennessee is the southeastern state that is most confusing. Some counties are 1A while some are 1B? Plus 1A and 75+ are 2 separate categories that come before 1 B.
I live in NJ and they really seem to be making it up as they go.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I live in NJ and they really seem to be making it up as they go.
Should put shot jabber people at all the gas stations and when you pull in to get your full service gas (or can you pump your own in NJ now?) then they stick you. :D

(first time I got gas in NJ I didn't understand the rules and thought I was going to get shot by the attendant for trying to do it myself.)

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Should put shot jabber people at all the gas stations and when you pull in to get your full service gas (or can you pump your own in NJ now?) then they stick you. :D

(first time I got gas in NJ I didn't understand the rules and thought I was going to get shot by the attendant for trying to do it myself.)
Small town stations will let you pump the gas yourself if they know you, but it is against the law. I only pump my own gas when I need to fill gas cans, and I make sure that my truck is blocking view from the road so I don't get the station attendant in trouble. We all know one another here and everyone helps everyone else.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.