Question: How would you rate our DL so far?

MikeInBama

1st Team
Sep 11, 2021
Prattvegas
Before we cheer Golding too much, after 4 games these are the offensive efficiency ratings of our opponents.
1664301928036.png
It could be that Tennessee and Ole Miss haven't played a defense with a pulse but they appear to be our largest defensive challenges this year.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I would point out that the current defensive rankings of the teams UcheaT has played are the following:

Ball St- 94th
Pittsburgh- 35
Akron- 125
Florida- 106

I would also add that Tennessee's defense is ranked 96th in the nation with only playing two teams worth a flip. Their defense gives up over 5 yards/play and over 400 yds/game.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Our defense is doing a good job on getting off blocks. Should end up in the top 5 defenses at the end of the year. Just to think many wanted to run Pete Golding out of town last year.
Prior to this year, Golding's defenses started out slow through mid season. But got better the last half. This year, they started playing at a high level. They had some issues with Ewers' passing. But think they've improved in pass defense since. At least I hope so.

Reactions: CrimsonRuss

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
So the measure of success has shifted to impacting the quarterback in ways other than just sacks. So, sacks may not be the best measuring stick for how good a DL is performing.
Which is exactly what Saban has been preaching about during almost every interview this year. I agree wholeheartedly!

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I am disappointed that Damon Payne has not made any impact or even seen the field so far. This guy was ranked 24 in the 2021 recruiting class. I really was hoping for great things from him. Realize only a sophomore so there is still time but he is 3rd on the depth chart at DT.
I think he played late in the Vandy game. Well, Chris Stewart said he was in.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.