Question: Hugh Freeze hanging out in Athens?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Re: High Freeze hanging out in Athens?

Not a bad move by Kirby as looking as it's only football strategy.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Football strategy that means to illuminate why he got torched by him before and how might he avoid getting torched, say I dunno, a former employer where I got torched by him in the past.

Not saying he's in the wrong but clearly this is about self-scouting his defense and getting some nuggets on how to attack Alabama's more RPO-type offense if we make the SECCG. He's not even close to running an offense like Ole Miss under Freeze and I'd be glad to see him go from a pro-style attack to a spread RPO offense with a true-frosh QB and inexperienced WRs. So you know, it is pretty obvious why Freeze is around there...

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

CrimsonPaul, Why did you dislike this post? I'm just curious? I made a comment because When Bama went no huddles this season ( Which was rare at time) we've done pretty good job moving up the field. Hugh would've been a great asset providing feedback on tempo offense. That would've been helpful against LSU... wear defense out.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

CrimsonPaul, Why did you dislike this post? I'm just curious? I made a comment because When Bama went no huddles this season ( Which was rare at time) we've done pretty good job moving up the field. Hugh would've been a great asset providing feedback on tempo offense. That would've been helpful against LSU... wear defense out.
He probably just dislikes the idea of Hugh Freeze being associated with our program in any way, shape, or form - which is probably not an uncommon sentiment.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Never invite a virus into your house. Even if all it costs you is a trip to the local rub and tug. I guarantee it's not worth it

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama

Uh.. Not to split hairs, but we've been running no huddle since Lane Kiffin was first hired as OC. Not full time in 2014, but it WAS part of our offense even in 2014.
Just sayin'.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

He must've gotten some new numbers in that area code to try out.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Local radio in Birmingham noting that CHF has been hanging around advising Kirby and Mel on offensive strategy.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say that he is picking Hugh's brain for ways to defend Moozahn...:cool:

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS

Honestly I think it is a terrible move by Georgia. They seem to have done all the right things but this is a BIG negative in my book. I doubt that most Georgia fans were not aware of this addition and should take a public relations hit.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Does this mean Coach Smart is going to hire him as an analyst?

Is 10RC looking at him as a replacement?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Do not want Hugh in our building, ever.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.