Human Aspects of COVID - Part 2

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
If a normal person, 70+, catches covid, what is the probability that they can get the trump/Giuliani cocktail of treatments?
Since the CEO spoke on this I can say our local SNF has 28 positive residents and my understanding is that many, if not all - and to my surprise, received monoclonal antibodies.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm not sure where to put this. The First Lady of Tennessee, Maria Lee, has tested positive.

Maybe she'll give it to Governor Lee, and he will come to his senses and declare a statewide mask mandate.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I spoke with our PCP this morning and put us on the list for the shots. She has applied to be a dispensing station and they expect approval and to start receiving the vaccine soon. We're in 1b, by CDC guidelines, if Alabama follows them. They now expect to complete first dosage in that category by the end of February...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm not sure where to put this. The First Lady of Tennessee, Maria Lee, has tested positive.

Maybe she'll give it to Governor Lee, and he will come to his senses and declare a statewide mask mandate.
The governor said some people think a mask mandate helps and some think it makes things worse so no mask state wide mandate for Tennessee. He believes in local government and claims 80% of Tennesseeans now live under a mask mandate. Unfortunately Milan, TN is not part of that 80%.

The governor did encourage people to wear masks and stated masks do work. He also said Tennessee is averaging over 10,000 new cases per day and over 100 deaths per day. Indoor gatherings will be limited to 10 people or less. High school sports will continue with limited attendance.
There was no mention of churches. He encouraged everyone to share Christmas only with people you live with.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I also found out this morning that I am in phase two. There are about 9,200 people in front of me in Gibson County for the vaccination. Evidently, dentistry is not considered essential ... until someone has a toothache (which is every day).

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The governor said some people think a mask mandate helps and some think it makes things worse so no mask state wide mandate for Tennessee. He believes in local government and claims 80% of Tennesseeans now live under a mask mandate. Unfortunately Milan, TN is not part of that 80%.

The governor did encourage people to wear masks and stated masks do work. He also said Tennessee is averaging over 10,000 new cases per day and over 100 deaths per day. Indoor gatherings will be limited to 10 people or less. High school sports will continue with limited attendance.
There was no mention of churches. He encouraged everyone to share Christmas only with people you live with.
for the life of me, i will never understand the reasoning that so many red state officials are using.

a bunch of idiots are running around saying "masks don't work" so the rest of us have to endure needless additional suffering to placate the precious freedom feelings of those folks.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
for the life of me, i will never understand the reasoning that so many red state officials are using.

a bunch of idiots are running around saying "masks don't work" so the rest of us have to endure needless additional suffering to placate the precious freedom feelings of those folks.
He did say masks work and encouraged their use. He just wants the local officials to be the bad guy for him.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Engineer just called me. He is feeling better and is back at the office. He and his wife have now tested negative. Heading back there myself on Wednesday. I am still fine and have no symptoms. Doctor's appointment tomorrow. Just a check-up that was originally scheduled 2 weeks ago. They are going to test me for antibodies. Just to see if I have had it and never knew it.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I do not understand how dental workers are not in 1b...
My doctor sent me a text to call a number in Jackson to see if I could get on the list there. Jackson is in Madison County. They referred me to the Milan hospital and asked if I am on the staff. I am on the staff because they needed a staff dentist for the hospital. I joined the staff as a courtesy after a friend of mine who had been staff dentist died. I have never set foot in the hospital, but because I'm on the staff, they scheduled me and my staff for 2:30 today! I've rescheduled my afternoon patients so hopefully we with get the first vaccination today. Fingers crossed.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
My doctor sent me a text to call a number in Jackson to see if I could get on the list there. Jackson is in Madison County. They referred me to the Milan hospital and asked if I am on the staff. I am on the staff because they needed a staff dentist for the hospital. I joined the staff as a courtesy after a friend of mine who had been staff dentist died. I have never set foot in the hospital, but because I'm on the staff, they scheduled me and my staff for 2:30 today! I've rescheduled my afternoon patients so hopefully we with get the first vaccination today. Fingers crossed.
That is great news. I know how difficult it has been to serve your patients and yet protect your own health!

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
yeah, our moron governor has been doing the same thing. that kind of waffling just further feeds these idiotic conspiracy theories and gives people more reason to talk about masks not working.
At least your governor hates Trump. He's the one that screwed the president out of the election. :D

• Haha

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
That is great news. I know how difficult it has been to serve your patients and yet protect your own health!
Well, the hospital just called and they have run out of vaccine. We are rescheduled for tomorrow at the same time. I guess they have to match the number of thawed doses with the number of patients at the beginning of the day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.