Hurricane Sally

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
looks like it hit Gulf Shores/Orange Beach basically head on and hung for hours. Getting reports from family in Baldwin that it was worse than anyone expected.* Lots of flooding, leaks and power out. Everyone here ok?

* the asterisk is because no it wasn't, it is just an entire county that has been conditioned to not listen to authority and experts. I was telling family yesterday afternoon that it looked like it would hit as a heavy 2 and hang on, which is exactly what it did. ugg

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i have an aunt and uncle in fairhope. got a text last night that they were hunkered down. hopefully will get some updates later today

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
just spoke to my old college roommate who lives in pensacola. he said it was a lot worse than what everyone down there was expecting. they are ok with no structural damage, but he said it was pretty intense. he said they were in the eyewall for a long time since it was moving so slowly.

he mentioned that he had stocked up on supplies for the laura/marco combo a couple of weeks back so they were in pretty good shape with gas, food, etc.

Reactions: Jon

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
Much worse than expected in Mobile and Baldwin County. My Dad told me this morning that it's the worst damage in Mobile since Frederic probably. Their house was damaged. Oak limb got part of the roof. Siding has been blown off. My uncle, east of Robertsdale, has at least 20 massive trees down on his property as of a few minutes ago.

I was feeling ok about it until I saw the significant pressure drop yesterday evening. Told me the wind field was going to expand and get stronger as it came ashore. Very, very surprising.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Much worse than expected in Mobile and Baldwin County. My Dad told me this morning that it's the worst damage in Mobile since Frederic probably. Their house was damaged. Oak limb got part of the roof. Siding has been blown off. My uncle, east of Robertsdale, has at least 20 massive trees down on his property as of a few minutes ago.

I was feeling ok about it until I saw the significant pressure drop yesterday evening. Told me the wind field was going to expand and get stronger as it came ashore. Very, very surprising.
yeah, there was definitely still some surprises I'm just annoyed my family refusing to listen to experts ...

Reactions: 92tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.