I am finally thinking of buying a house

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have officially back out of the house. This has been a long freaking nightmare, but it is over now. Open Door sucks and they have a horrible business practice if you are buying a house from them.

The search for my new home continues.
Probably mixed emotions, but remember going forward not to become attached to a home until it is yours. It can cloud your judgment and have you accept conditions which you would not otherwise.

Best of luck in your continued search.

• Thank You
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Probably mixed emotions, but remember going forward not to become attached to a home until it is yours. It can cloud your judgment and have you accept conditions which you would not otherwise.

Best of luck in your continued search.
I think that was why I did not bail 2 weeks ago. I should have but I let my emotions and the fact that I just wanted out of my apartment ASAP cloud my judgement. I wasn't even excited about it anymore. Everyone at work said they saw my mood change after the inspection. I seemed more annoyed than excited. This is for the best and somewhere out there is my house. I just need to find it.

Reactions: seebell and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that was why I did not bail 2 weeks ago. I should have but I let my emotions and the fact that I just wanted out of my apartment ASAP cloud my judgement. I wasn't even excited about it anymore. Everyone at work said they saw my mood change after the inspection. I seemed more annoyed than excited. This is for the best and somewhere out there is my house. I just need to find it.
Most of us make that mistake with our first home. It is a huge accomplishment. You have earned it. Just don't rush it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I have officially back out of the house. This has been a long freaking nightmare, but it is over now. Open Door sucks and they have a horrible business practice if you are buying a house from them.

The search for my new home continues.
I don't think you'll have any regrets over this decision. I think it's wise.

You'll find an awesome home.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I know this experience seemed like a nightmare. But I truly believe the real nightmare would have just begun had you closed on the purchase.

Chalk it up to experience…..I have no doubt that it will be extremely valuable as you continue your search.

Based on what you’ve shared here, there is no doubt in my mind that you did the right thing.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Last night I slept better than I have in weeks. I have zero doubts I did the right thing.

My apartment was very understanding and actually felt bad for me. The rescinded my notice to vacate and thankfully have not already preleased the place. Still month to month until I find the house. I learned a lot from this experience.

I will say it again Open Door sucks

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Find an honest and hard working realtor -- usually friends can help you find one -- who will work for/with you and your needs. If you get one who knows the area you want to live in they can usually find a home easier than you can yourself.

Reactions: seebell

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
The seller is open door. It looks like I will actually lose the earnest money. I might need a lawyer. The realtor is trying her best to protect me and make sure I get my money back, but open door is not signing the release from contract. This saga will not end.
They are trying to bully you...don't give in. Your realtor can threaten to go to the Realty Board...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Are rates up that much? Don't be afraid to shop them. I've used local ppl mostly, but refi'd last year and went on Bankrate.com and found a company that beat all the local rates and was pretty easy to work with.

Reactions: jashleyren2

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Are rates up that much? Don't be afraid to shop them. I've used local ppl mostly, but refi'd last year and went on Bankrate.com and found a company that beat all the local rates and was pretty easy to work with.
I wonder if my own bank would give me a better rate. I have banked with them since I was 15 years old

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I wonder if my own bank would give me a better rate. I have banked with them since I was 15 years old
Hard to know. I would just shop the rates at least 4 different places. Ask your relator too, they know who has the best rates. They see them at closing.

https://www.bankrate.com/ I went there and asked for a quote from the top rated companies. Found Homefinity which is the online portion of Fairway Mortgage. They beat everyone and were easy to deal with.

• Thank You
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.