I did this for UT so I'll do it for the barn: Favorite barn moment

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I can't pick one so I will have to say the one the win this Saturday. I guess if I had to choose though it was the first win Coach Saban had against them. I believe it was 38-0 with G-Mac throwing the fade route in the endzone to end the scoring. It just showed that there was a new sheriff in town and he hasn't left yet.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Mine has to b 1971 31-7 beat down of Pat Sullivan and Terry Beasley close 2nd 1985 the kick what say yall?
1971 was sweet after struggling since 1967. Pat Sullivan was a great football player and even better human being and I can't help but be a bit sad that this spoiled his undefeated season after he had just accepted his Heisman Trophy in NY. The drive to get close enough to make the kick has to rank up there in being one of the best offensive series of all time!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
One favorite of mine was the 1973 35-0 beat down.

After the Punt Bama Punt game in 1972, the Barn faithful produced a bumper sticker that said “Santa Claus Came Early 17-16 War Eagle”.

The following year we followed up with a bumper sticker that said “Santa Didn’t Come This Year 35-0 - Roll Tide Roll” 😂😂😂

Also Bear’s 315th win in 1981 and Linnie Patrick running like a beast in that fourth quarter was memorable as well.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
There are so many to choose from. For me, however, it would be the 1990 game. I was 7 years old and that game is the earliest memory I have of watching Alabama play football. Auburn had won 4 in a row. It was Gene Stallings's first season. Alabama's defense was fantastic all day. The game opened with a Byron Haldbrooks sack of Stan White, which set the tone for the game. Robert Jones scored a TD after Efrum Thomas picked off a White pass on that first possession, and Phillip Doyle kicked 3 FGs. There was a pivotal moment late in the game when Auburn had a 4th and short, and tried to draw Alabama off sides. It didn't work and they punted. When we didn't jump off sides, and the Auburn players began to walk back to the sidelines, the cameras caught an Alabama player on the sidelines yelling "they don't want it no more!"

We won, 16-7. What a classic Gene Stallings score.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
One favorite of mine was the 1973 35-0 beat down.

After the Punt Bama Punt game in 1972, the Barn faithful produced a bumper sticker that said “Santa Claus Came Early 17-16 War Eagle”.

The following year we followed up with a bumper sticker that said “Santa Didn’t Come This Year 35-0 - Roll Tide Roll” 😂😂😂

Also Bear’s 315th win in 1981 and Linnie Patrick running like a beast in that fourth quarter was memorable as well.
I remember the bumper sticker Punt Bama Punt hated that sticker seeing that growing up in north Alabama

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not growing up an Alabama fan, my perspective is different. I hate losing to any team, and for some reason hate losing to Auburn more than others. But the wins - I just expect them. The only ones that really stand out are the ones leading to championships.

My one exception - the 1985 game. The Van Tiffin kick was incredible - loser to a winner on a rushed 52 yard FG attempt.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I’d say my favorite was 1971 for reasons already stated.

Most satisfying was 1973. After hearing Punt Bama Punt for a year, the Alabama side was yelling, “Score, Auburn, Score!” as the barn O was mired in futility.

Most exciting, and it’s not close, was the 1985 Kick game. To this day, 35 years later, that was the most dramatic 4th quarter of football I’ve ever seen.

I watched 1971 and 1973 on TV. In 1985, I was in the stands, with really good seats, on the Auburn side of the field (long story, has to do with a woman, pre-Mrs. Basket Case), and had a perfect view for The Kick.

She and I were the only ones within a 10 yards radius cheering at the end. We were both cheering Alabama, definitely not taunting the barn, but if looks could kill, we’d both have been murdered a thousand times over.

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
Um 😟 😐🤢🤮

Edit: I read this wrong.

I can’t give one, but I’ll give 5 from what I can remember.

1. 1992 Antonio Langham pick six on Stan White
2. 2001 Shocking thr Tigers with Dennis Franchione
3. 2018 Tua in his first and only IB start, beat down.
4. 2009 The Drive Hardly could watch that game
5. 2014 Highest scoring ever B Sims and Coop had a night

Honorable mention: 2008 36-0 beat down and Derrick Henry running for 271 sewed up the Heisman.

Last edited:

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
85 was great with the kick, and the lead changing hands multiple times in the 4th quarter, but 1984 was pretty good, too! Their kicker missing a chip shot field goal at the end was fantastic.
By the way, I watched the 85 game with a good friend, who happened to be an Auburn fan. He got up and walked out of the room right about the time Tiffen kicked the ball. He never saw it go through the uprights - but he heard it!

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
There are so many to choose from. For me, however, it would be the 1990 game. I was 7 years old and that game is the earliest memory I have of watching Alabama play football. Auburn had won 4 in a row. It was Gene Stallings's first season. Alabama's defense was fantastic all day. The game opened with a Byron Haldbrooks sack of Stan White, which set the tone for the game. Robert Jones scored a TD after Efrum Thomas picked off a White pass on that first possession, and Phillip Doyle kicked 3 FGs. There was a pivotal moment late in the game when Auburn had a 4th and short, and tried to draw Alabama off sides. It didn't work and they punted. When we didn't jump off sides, and the Auburn players began to walk back to the sidelines, the cameras caught an Alabama player on the sidelines yelling "they don't want it no more!"

We won, 16-7. What a classic Gene Stallings score.
This one is mine as well. We ran outside with white shoe polish and wrote 16-7 on my parents’ vehicles’ windshields. 1990 Iron Bowl Highlights

My second favorite was the 96 game. I was there & Legion Field erupted. Should’ve been a blow out. When Freddy took off on 4th down everyone was yelling “yes!”and “no!”at the same time.

Last edited:

Ndovu Ekundu

Feb 17, 2014
My favorite was 2008. The whole weekend was great. My wife and I visited my mother-in-law, and at one point, we took her to Wal-Mart to shop. She noticed that very little Alabama merchandise was visible, but Auburn flags, blankets, ponchos, and anything else you could think of was plentiful. When she asked why there was so much, we responded "Because no one wants it." She asked, "Why?" We responded, "They know they are going to lose."

The next day, with the game at 29-0, I think it was, John Parker Wilson, walking off the field to give way to backup Greg McElroy, threw his hands in the air and looked up at the crowd. The mighty roar of response was earth shaking.

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
I was a senior at Alabama in 1985. I was in the stands for the Iron Bowl. If you've not seen the fourth quarter, you should be able to find it somewhere on YouTube. It is totally worth it. Being there in person was unbelievable. When kiffin hit the game winning field goal, it was pandemonium! Everyone hugging everyone, drinks thrown up to the sky, people dancing and hugging each other everywhere. I've never experienced anything like that at a sporting event live any time anywhere. I don't think I ever will again. Sublime!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.