I got a "Roll Tide" at the EJ concert in Abu Dhabi last night

chris

All-SEC
May 17, 2001
loxley,al. 36551
I wore my Houndstooth Bama hat with my Bama polo to the Elton John concert here last night, while sitting on the grass I thought heard "Roll Tide" and thught "no way" then I heard it again. It was a young guy mid twenties and I started talking to him and it turns out that he went to the 'Barn for a couple of semesters and left for Florida, his mom is American and dad is Emirati and they live in Dubai and he loves Alabama football.
I've gotten a few shout outs from all over the world but this one was the most unusual. :eek2:
i hear ya,my international brutha!

bat123

All-American
First of all the point of the post getting a "Roll Tide" in this part of the world, the fact that Abu Dhabi had a concert was somewhat unusual in itself.
The fact that it was EJ and I really liked his 70's and 80's music and I've always liked Davie (his guitar player) was a big part of it, one thaing that did surprise me was that John Mahal is touring with them.

Anyway I happened upon a fellow Tider out here and it made me smile.

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City
Funeral For A Friend and Benny and the Jets are not genius? I don't care for his personal life but he combined with Bernie Taupin were one great music making machine.:biggrin:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
You have got to be kidding me. :conf3:

No he's not kidding in the the least........He, and as mentioned, Bernie Taupin made some incredible music in the 70's before he turned into a pop star and came out of his closet. I might not agree with his lifestyle but he was a great musician in his early days.

The Yellow Brick Road album is an all time rock and roll classic.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
I'll agree to disagree.

BTW, he's not a "great musician." A decent piano player and songwriter, maybe.

Avpilot

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2005
It looks like I might be moving to Dubai here in a few months, so there will be at least 1 more Bama fan in the region.

Tim

chris

All-SEC
May 17, 2001
loxley,al. 36551
First of all the point of the post getting a "Roll Tide" in this part of the world, the fact that Abu Dhabi had a concert was somewhat unusual in itself.
The fact that it was EJ and I really liked his 70's and 80's music and I've always liked Davie (his guitar player) was a big part of it, one thaing that did surprise me was that John Mahal is touring with them.

Anyway I happened upon a fellow Tider out here and it made me smile.
hey my bro',you've got mail!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.