Question: I have a question about a call I just saw in the SF vs Lions game...

Black Warrior

Suspended
Mar 30, 2010
In the pros, the rule is, when catching a pass, in order to be ruled complete, the receiver must have two feet in bounds. Everybody knows that. I just saw a SF receiver make a catch and one foot hits the ground in bounds, then he hops on the same foot, in bounds again, but the left foot never touches before he falls out of bounds. The ruling was incomplete pass.
I'm wondering if that was correct. Does the rule specifically say "both feet", meaning one of each (left and right), or can the rule be taken to mean the same foot twice?
What say you?

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
In the pros, the rule is, when catching a pass, in order to be ruled complete, the receiver must have two feet in bounds. Everybody knows that. I just saw a SF receiver make a catch and one foot hits the ground in bounds, then he hops on the same foot, in bounds again, but the left foot never touches before he falls out of bounds. The ruling was incomplete pass.
I'm wondering if that was correct. Does the rule specifically say "both feet", meaning one of each (left and right), or can the rule be taken to mean the same foot twice?
What say you?
Nfl changes what each rule means for each game. They don't even know what defines a catch.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
What say you?
when they say 2 feet they mean both left and right. the call was correct

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.