I have been offered a job

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think you just answered the question.

No material increase in pay. Worse benefits. You like what you’re doing now better than what you would be doing there.
My friend told me the same thing. He said he doesn't hold it against me and if I change my mind the offer is still there.

I do like working with the structural engineer. It is interesting. I am learning. I think I am just going to turn down the job and stick with what i got right now.

Reactions: B1GTide

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
My friend told me the same thing. He said he doesn't hold it against me and if I change my mind the offer is still there.

I do like working with the structural engineer. It is interesting. I am learning. I think I am just going to turn down the job and stick with what i got right now.
There's a PM at an architectural firm I work with that used to be a draftsman for an SE firm in town. He's great to work with. He's an architect that thinks like one of us. It's pretty cool.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Sounds like the right choice... Continue to build on value-added skillsets - formally and informally. It's a message I preach to my students every single class. Only about 3-5% actually do what I say and guess what? They're the 22 year olds who get the 80K/yr jobs when they graduate! Go figure. :D

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I think you just answered the question.

No material increase in pay. Worse benefits. You like what you’re doing now better than what you would be doing there.
I wholeheartedly agree with 4Q, if your heart is not in it then at some point you will regret your decision. I wish I had taken my advice many years ago, but any decision you have to make has to be based on what you know at the time not on what you think might happen. Good luck, you will make the right decision.

• Thank You

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.