I made a Bama theme for the PS3

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
UPDATE 8/9/2008:
I've completely redone most of most of the icons (with exception of the xmb icons.) Alextupelo was gracious enough to let me borrow some of his pictures for some different backgrounds (everybody say thanks alex!). He wanted to express that they are copyrighted.

Here's the new stuff:

And here's the new file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=baaded2367cc2a42d2db6fb9a8902bda
--------------------------------

So I made a bama theme for those of you who have a PS3. Its really simple, so don't expect much.

I scanned it for viruses before uploading it, so it should be safe. To install it all you need to do is copy it to a thumb drive under the folders \PS3\THEME and go to themes and hit install from usb drive.

Here are some pictures of the backgrounds and some of the icons (and sorry two of the pics are so big, they wouldn't resize right for some reason:

And oh yea :bs_nostealinganythi. You can use it, just dont lay claim to it :)

Last edited:

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Is there a way to make your own effects screen for when the music player is going? Just wondering.
I really have no idea, but I doubt it. You might be able to find something out by going to the playstation forums, then to the multimedia part. The only reason I was able to make this is because they released a fairly easy to use "kit".

And I forgot to metion earlier. The colors for the icons are supposed to be the "official" crimson color. I found a UA website that showed the RGB colors. The only reason I say that is because they didn't look right on my tv

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
And if anybody has any high res action pictures from games they wouldn't mind sharing I'll put them in the background rotation. The pictures that are on there were the only ones I owned, and I didn't figure people would want me to take theirs off the net to use on this.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
And if anybody has any high res action pictures from games they wouldn't mind sharing I'll put them in the background rotation. The pictures that are on there were the only ones I owned, and I didn't figure people would want me to take theirs off the net to use on this.
You can probably PM some of the resident phographers here and get some great shots from them. Now that I think about it, a Daniel Moore theme would look fantastic! Not sure how you would get hi-res images of those prints though.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
FYI...I tried to install your theme and it did not work. I put it on my USB External Hard Drive and went to install from USB Device and it told me "There are no themes." Any clue as to why this would happen? Thanks.

iBama

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 11, 2007
Alabaster, AL
FYI...I tried to install your theme and it did not work. I put it on my USB External Hard Drive and went to install from USB Device and it told me "There are no themes." Any clue as to why this would happen? Thanks.
Make sure the PS3 folder is in the first set of folders you see when you open your external or usb drive. This was my problem at first, I had placed the PS3 folder within another default folder on my USB drive. Can't do that.

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Make sure the PS3 folder is in the first set of folders you see when you open your external or usb drive. This was my problem at first, I had placed the PS3 folder within another default folder on my USB drive. Can't do that.
yea, and then make sure it's all caps (i'm not sure if it has to be, but the directions have it in caps). And then under the PS3 folder put it in another folder called THEME or THEMES, I dont remember right off hand which one.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
So...I have an external HDD that is the "G" drive on my computer. I have the file in this folder...

G:\PS3\THEMES\

Not working. I have the 40GB PS3...you don't think that's an issue do you?

CBag4Bama

1st Team
Sep 22, 2002
Birmingham, AL
No "S".

Downloading with PC
1. Find the theme you want to download
2. click the download link
3. press “Save”
4. save to a SDCard or a USB Device
5a. make a folder in the Device or Card called “PS3″
5b. make a folder in the PS3 folder called “THEME” (ALL CAPS REQUIRED)
6. put the .pt3 file into the THEME folder
7. put into your ps3
8. go to themes
9. click install
10. click the memory card or USB device
11. Install

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
So...I have an external HDD that is the "G" drive on my computer. I have the file in this folder...

G:\PS3\THEMES\

Not working. I have the 40GB PS3...you don't think that's an issue do you?
And make sure you have the latest firmware. I think 2.30 is when they allowed custom themes I think? 2.41 is out now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.