I stand/sit corrected on our recruiting ranking...

Dave'stwin

Suspended
Dec 21, 2016
I freely admit I was absolutely and completely wrong about Bama’s 2021 recruiting class back in May. At that time, I did not believe the Tide could possibly sign a top 3 class and truly believed it would end up like the 2010 class. In fact, Bama wasn’t even in the top 30 at that time and so few of the prognosticators had them in the lead for the top remaining uncommitted players. My what a difference a couple of months have made. Today, they’re ranked number one by ESPN and number 2 in the 247 Composite and number 2 by Rivals. Shame on me for doubting Saban!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I freely admit I was absolutely and completely wrong about Bama’s 2021 recruiting class back in May. At that time, I did not believe the Tide could possibly sign a top 3 class and truly believed it would end up like the 2010 class. In fact, Bama wasn’t even in the top 30 at that time and so few of the prognosticators had them in the lead for the top remaining uncommitted players. My what a difference a couple of months have made. Today, they’re ranked number one by ESPN and number 2 in the 247 Composite and number 2 by Rivals. Shame on me for doubting Saban!
A lot of kids were committing much earlier than normal do to Covid but we took our time knowing just about every highly rated kid wants the chance to come to Bama. As we thought there would be quite a few high profile flips also which has already come to pass and there will probably be more. You are right about 2010 being an average year. We finished 4th in recruiting. Top 3 is the norm and #1 is very regular. Glad you realized your doubting of Saban and staff was wrong. RTR.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Dear new member: Please put more info in future thread titles; something that tells us what is in the post and thread.

Thank you.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah, this would get deleted if we weren't in the corona traffic time warp.
Excellent and extremely accurate description of 2020 as a whole. A time warp. America is fighting the same battles we have fought for 200 years, and the virus and it's effects are just another ingredient added into a simmering pot of crap. What have we done with the ideal of working hard and achieving and being personally accountable to one another?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Excellent and extremely accurate description of 2020 as a whole. A time warp. America is fighting the same battles we have fought for 200 years, and the virus and it's effects are just another ingredient added into a simmering pot of crap. What have we done with the ideal of working hard and achieving and being personally accountable to one another?
Grist for a whole separate forum. Let`s not start it though. There`s enough that`s depressing.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Haha I just saw this. I'm not going to start it again! But yeah, probably doesn't belong here. Just commenting on signing young athletes, so I guess it kind of does?? :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.