If 2020 season is not played

Bamaboy16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2019
What I love about forums is the ability to post opinions and thoughts for others to comment on and create dialogue.

As many of us fear there may not be a 2020 season. So I have a few thoughts that I would love feedback on...

1) What happens to upperclassmen? Jaylen Waddle, Dylan Moses, Devonta Smith, Alex Leatherwood, etc... All these guys stayed to bring a title back to Tuscaloosa AND to create value for themselves in the draft. While it's easy to assume they would all leave, do you think the Saban could convince them to stay? Personally I'm torn on this. One argument is: "Hey you've stayed this long. Lets make it worth something and win a title, and grantee a good draft position" a counter is "Hey i've waited this long, I tried to stay and win it all but I don't want to wait ANOTHER year"

2) If they do leave...I feel pretty confident in our 2021 team. OL wouldn't be as strong but DL and Lineback would be in really good shape.
ILB: Christian Harris and Demoy Kennedy
DL: Dale, Baremore,
OL: Sanders, Anderson

Front 7 would be great, we'd take a hit at DB.

QB, RB, WR, we'd be in good shape.

In closing: 2020 (as I've stated on here before and for years prior) was absolutely going to be an Alabama national championship season. So much returning talent and a ton of great recruits in 2020. We will really be robbed if this season isn't played :/

Reactions: dtgreg

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
What I love about forums is the ability to post opinions and thoughts for others to comment on and create dialogue.

As many of us fear there may not be a 2020 season. So I have a few thoughts that I would love feedback on...

1) What happens to upperclassmen? Jaylen Waddle, Dylan Moses, Devonta Smith, Alex Leatherwood, etc... All these guys stayed to bring a title back to Tuscaloosa AND to create value for themselves in the draft. While it's easy to assume they would all leave, do you think the Saban could convince them to stay? Personally I'm torn on this. One argument is: "Hey you've stayed this long. Lets make it worth something and win a title, and grantee a good draft position" a counter is "Hey i've waited this long, I tried to stay and win it all but I don't want to wait ANOTHER year"

2) If they do leave...I feel pretty confident in our 2021 team. OL wouldn't be as strong but DL and Lineback would be in really good shape.
ILB: Christian Harris and Demoy Kennedy
DL: Dale, Baremore,
OL: Sanders, Anderson

Front 7 would be great, we'd take a hit at DB.

QB, RB, WR, we'd be in good shape.

In closing: 2020 (as I've stated on here before and for years prior) was absolutely going to be an Alabama national championship season. So much returning talent and a ton of great recruits in 2020. We will really be robbed if this season isn't played :/
I agree. We have the potential to be really hard to handle this year. I was particularly looking forward to watching the O line play. My expectation would be that the guys you mentioned would be gone. An absolute pity.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
JMO, but they probably won't stay. They already chose to put off making money once. Of course, the calculated gamble to play one more year didn't consider the possibility the next year might not even happen and was based on the hope the following year they'd be in a better draft position to make even more money.

But, if there is no season for all, every draft eligible person next year is in the same boat and they'll be drafted on the 2019 season. So, no, I don't think a guy like Devonta Smith who will be a first rounder will delay making millions to come back again. Again, JMO.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
JMO, but they probably won't stay. They already chose to put off making money once. Of course, the calculated gamble to play one more year didn't consider the possibility the next year might not even happen and was based on the hope the following year they'd be in a better draft position to make even more money.

But, if there is no season for all, every draft eligible person next year is in the same boat and they'll be drafted on the 2019 season. So, no, I don't think a guy like Devonta Smith who will be a first rounder will delay making millions to come back again. Again, JMO.
Agreed. And especially someone like Moses, who had already lost one season. It absolutely sucks. The only positive is that they would not have suffered an on the field injury ruining their chances this season. Hopefully they also all stay away from Covid, or at least have a positive outcome if they do/have encountered it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.