If We Win The Championship Next Year (we’ll be lucky to do so). NO TEASER TITLES.....

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
I think it will be a coaching miracle, and a further testament as to just how great Coach Saban is, despite our early ranking of #1. Here is why:
1) I am not entirely sold at this point at the RB position. I am a big fan of Trey Sanders and think that he MIGHT be an all time great. That said, he has suffered 2 horrible injuries. Who knows if he can fully overcome them? Also, is BRob a feature back? I'm not completely sold. Are you?

2) Imo, Davonta and Waddle are impossible to replace, only because they are just SO great. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY high on Metchie but really, Davonta and Jalen are great enough to rip the NFL to shreds, no? Can we replace them? Perhaps, but I can't visualize it.

3) Bryce is untested. Do I think he wil be great YES!!!! But of course, he will also need to fully buy into our system. I think that he will.

4) We are losing 60% of perhaps the best Offensive Line in the history of college football. Am I sold on Chris Owens? Yes, 100%! Do I think that we can fill the other 2 spots? Yeah, but let's do it!!!!

5) We need someone to step up and provide pressure up the middle. Barmore was GREAT!!! Pressure has to happen up front imo.

The good news is that if Bryce is what we think he is, he adds the ever important dimension of running the football. I think he will live up to, and even exceed our expectations!!! More good news is that we might have the best LBs and DBs that we ever had. And, the ever present truth is that Coach Saban has it together and is the greatest ever, so we will always be in it.

It will be a totally different team next season, but I think that we can do it. I'm talking about ROLL TIDE!!!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROLL TIDE ROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LET'S GET 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
I have learned that we are always a threat to win the NC. With Saban at the helm, I don't worry. Take away his first year at Bama and we have not even come close to a .500 season. We are the Bell Cow of college football.

There will be even more in the media who will be against us in the upcoming year. Bama fatigue will reign supreme and will grow stronger the closer we get to the beginning of the season.

I honestly hope we run the table again and the "Is Bama bad for college football?" reporters run around collecting money to buy Saban's contract out. I still remember all those guys who took every opportunity to bash us when we were down. I hope they despise this CONTINUED dynasty as much as I despise seeing them still on TV.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Bill from NYC

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
It's way too soon to be thinking this. We don't know how good Bryce Young is or any of these younger WRs are and Metchie is solid. Our defense is bringing a lot of key pieces back and has a least a chance of being the best we've had in a few years. So, our offense probably takes a step back but it still should be talented.

Not to mention we have maybe the most talented freshman class under CNS about to come in. And who knows how they will impact things.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
Thanks for the rat poison antidote! You raise valid points, but one thing that will help us a lot is people questioning if we have what it takes to repeat. Oh, and a much improved defense, a solid place kicker, and untested blue chippers throughout the offense hungry to show that they are not a step backward from their prececessors. I don't know if we will repeat, but I have no doubt that, as usual, we will be in the hunt throughout the season.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think it will be a coaching miracle, and a further testament as to just how great Coach Saban is, despite our early ranking of #1. Here is why:
1) I am not entirely sold at this point at the RB position. I am a big fan of Trey Sanders and think that he MIGHT be an all time great. That said, he has suffered 2 horrible injuries. Who knows if he can fully overcome them? Also, is BRob a feature back? I'm not completely sold. Are you?
I think Robinson have proved over and over throughout the season that he can get the yards needed. He may not be the feature back, but we will have K. Robinson/Sanders and the young corps.. we will be fine.

2) Imo, Davonta and Waddle are impossible to replace, only because they are just SO great. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY high on Metchie but really, Davonta and Jalen are great enough to rip the NFL to shreds, no? Can we replace them? Perhaps, but I can't visualize it.
I'm not sure why you don't think this. People said same thing about Jones, Cooper, Ruggs, Jeudy, etc and yet we always have a receiver or two who steps up.
I mean look at who we have:
Jones-Bell
Baker
Holden
Earle
Brooks
Hall
Leary
Metchie III
Bolden
X. Williams (Don't sleep on him)

I think we'll be fine.

3) Bryce is untested. Do I think he wil be great YES!!!! But of course, he will also need to fully buy into our system. I think that he will.
He just need spring, summer and fall camp. He didn't have that last year. He will be fine.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Is there a NCAA rule dictating when "Spring" practice is? Can you do it in May? Just thinking out loud.
I fullly expect a spring camp. We've already demonstrated that we can get through fall season following strict guideline.

I think SEC will eliminate Scrimmages... we'll see Virtual meetings and lot of walkthoughs.

Reactions: B1GTide

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA

I think Robinson have proved over and over throughout the season that he can get the yards needed. He may not be the feature back, but we will have K. Robinson/Sanders and the young corps.. we will be fine.

I'm not sure why you don't think this. People said same thing about Jones, Cooper, Ruggs, Jeudy, etc and yet we always have a receiver or two who steps up.
I mean look at who we have:
Jones-Bell
Baker
Holden
Earle
Brooks
Hall
Leary
Metchie III
Bolden
X. Williams (Don't sleep on him)

I think we'll be fine.

He just need spring, summer and fall camp. He didn't have that last year. He will be fine.
Who are the expected replacements along the offensive line?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Who are the expected replacements along the offensive line?
Jess already touched on that: Alabama 2021: Returning players, new signees battle to keep the dynasty going | TideFans.com | By the Fans, For the Fans.

Offensive Line
In (scholarship):
Chris Owens, Emil Ekiyor Jr., Darrian Dalcourt, Tommy Brown, Evan Neal, Javion Cohen, Tanner Bowles, Pierce Quick, Seth McLaughlin, Amari Kight, Damien George Jr., Kendall Randolph (TE)
In (walk-on): Alajujuan Sparks Jr., Jackson Roby, Brandon Cade, Donovan Hardin
Out: Alex Leatherwood, Landon Dickerson, Deonte Brown
Signed: Jaeden Roberts, Tommy Brockermeyer, James Brockermeyer, Terrence Ferguson, J.C. Latham
Committed: None
Analysis: Alabama got a big boost when Chris Owens decided to come back for his sixth season. That gives Alabama an experienced swingman who will probably end up the starter at either right tackle, right guard or center. Evan Neal and Emil Ekiyor Jr., 2020’s right tackle and right guard respectively, are expected to move to the left side. That leaves three positions open with a lot of talented, but relatively inexperienced players vying for them. Owens is the only returning reserve with measurable experience – save for Kendall Randolph, who may be too valuable at tight end to move back to guard/tackle – although Tommy Brown and Darrian Dalcourt have seen action in multiple blowouts. Brown can play guard or tackle, while Dalcourt can play guard or center.

Alabama needs to decide whether Dalcourt’s power at center is worth moving Owens out from his natural position. The next level seems to be Tanner Bowles, Pierce Quick and Seth McLaughlin. McLaughlin is a center only; Bowles and Quick can play inside or out, preferring guard (Bowles) and tackle (Quick). Amari Kight can also play both but seems to be focusing on guard. Javion Cohen and Damien George Jr., true freshmen in 2020, both played at tackle.

Alabama signed five talented players in the early period, with tackles J.C. Latham and Tommy Brockermeyer being the two most talked about. Terrence Ferguson and Jaeden Roberts should compete at guard soon, while James Brockermeyer could be an option at guard or center. Despite the turnover, this unit is expected to be mostly plug-and-play.

Of the walk-ons, Jackson Roby has been around the longest, but Alajujuan Sparks Jr. is notable both for his unique first name and for the fact that he’s as big as a house. Either could probably play guard elsewhere.
Projected depth chart: RT – Owens, Cohen, T.Brockermeyer; RG – Brown, Kight/Quick; C – Dalcourt, McLaughlin, J.Brockermeyer; LG – Ekiyor, Bowles, Ferguson/Roberts; LT – Neal, George, Latham

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.