Immigration/Border Security Policy Thread

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
If we piece the Leviticus passage with Deuteronomy 28:43-44, it really makes for an interesting story.

View attachment 28686
My memory of Exodus is hazy after all these years, but didn't the Israelites celebrate their entry into the promised land by slaughtering every man, woman and child already living there? Pretty sure they stole their stuff, too.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
And because faith in institutions like the DOJ and FBI have never been lower among U.S. citizens, a move against Desantis could actually help the guy in the long-run. Unbelievable. And it begs the question: is this guy smart or lucky?
I don't think this political stunt helps Desantis at all. Almost anyone outside the Trump base will see it as an incredibly cruel.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
I don't think this political stunt helps Desantis at all. Almost anyone outside the Trump base will see it as an incredibly cruel.
True enough, but people tend to show more outrage during times of plenty. Right now, my gut feeling is that voters are more concerned about their vanishing retirement and increased cost of living. The immigration crisis won't go ignored, but can it swing an election? I am not hopeful.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
True enough, but people tend to show more outrage during times of plenty. Right now, my gut feeling is that voters are more concerned about their vanishing retirement and increased cost of living. The immigration crisis won't go ignored, but can it swing an election? I am not hopeful.
Ok, but that's a different argument. Here's your post I was responding to.

CrimsonJazz said:
And because faith in institutions like the DOJ and FBI have never been lower among U.S. citizens, a move against Desantis could actually help the guy in the long-run. Unbelievable. And it begs the question: is this guy smart or lucky?
Personally, I think Desantis has peed in his own whiskey. For a guy with presidential aspirations, lying to immigrants and flying them to Martha's Vinyard has completely backfired on him. Swing voters aren't likely to see him as a good presidential candidate.

We'll see what happens.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
At some point, the
People that live in areas that are directly impacted by this mass influx of immigrants will definitely have it in mind when voting, but people normally don't start to care much about anything until it directly impacts them and their daily lives. So until it begins to impact a mass amount of people/voters, I don't think there's enough interest in the problem to have it impact votes.

Last edited:

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
At some point, the

People that live in areas that are directly impacted by this mass influx of immigrants will definitely have it in mind when voting, but people normally don't start to care much about anything until it directly impacts them and their daily lives. So until it begins to a mass amount of people/voters, I don't think there's enough interest in the problem to have it impact votes.
This is a good point. Compare a handful of angry, rich white people in Martha's Vineyard to the collective anger of the border states and it's not even a wash. Making matters even more interesting is the fact that Hispanics who are here legally aren't exactly playing by the script. As far as I can tell, a majority of them are squarely against open borders. How they are reacting to the Desantis stunt remains to be seen. I am fortunate to have a "fly on the wall" view of these discussions/reactions because I married into a very large Hispanic family and when they speak on issues such as this, you can bet your bottom I'm paying attention. I've heard some things that nearly knocked me out of my chair. Needless to say, many of the assumptions I had going in have been turned upside down.

• Haha
  • Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and UAH

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This is a good point. Compare a handful of angry, rich white people in Martha's Vineyard to the collective anger of the border states and it's not even a wash. Making matters even more interesting is the fact that Hispanics who are here legally aren't exactly playing by the script. As far as I can tell, a majority of them are squarely against open borders. How they are reacting to the Desantis stunt remains to be seen. I am fortunate to have a "fly on the wall" view of these discussions/reactions because I married into a very large Hispanic family and when they speak on issues such as this, you can bet your bottom I'm paying attention. I've heard some things that nearly knocked me out of my chair. Needless to say, many of the assumptions I had going in have been turned upside down.
Yeah, my sister and BIL live in west Texas and the demographics in their town are overwhelmingly Hispanic and Caucasian. A lot of their friends are Hispanic and they are against uncontrolled immigration like the open borders we have now. They ARE NOT against immigration, for obvious reasons, but are not for a free for all like the mass amount of people entering these border towns. They are not equipped to handle it and it can be disastrous and lead to dangerous situations.

Reactions: CrimsonJazz

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
funny that you think this is just about a few rich white people in the vineyard.

not sure if you realize it, but the folks who are being used as pawns in this stunt are here legally

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
funny that you think this is just about a few rich white people in the vineyard.

not sure if you realize it, but the folks who are being used as pawns in this stunt are here legally
Naw, it's happening in New York, Chicago and various other sanctuary cities to be sure. The ratio is still highly unbalanced at this time.

That's the first I've heard of it. Everyone else has referred to them as illegals, but I haven't had time to look into it much today. If things have changed, that is, indeed, an interesting development.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Okay, so now that I’ve had time to poke around, it would appear these folks were seeking asylum. Considering what they were fleeing from, can’t say I blame them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.