Impact of COVID-19 on sports programming

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The XFL was supposed to have enough money for two years no matter what...I'm not sure anyone saw this coming when that was stated...
The difference between the XFL and AAF is that the XFL is capable of surviving due to Vince McMahon's money as long as he wants. The only worrisome thing is if WWE takes an insane hit because of no crowds will he pull the plug.

Reactions: The Ols

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
After watching both IndyCar and Nascar in the iRace game format, we might end up with a huge Madden Tournament in the Fall. Not that I want that to be a possibility. Virtual Nascar is actually kind of fun to watch because the commentators dont take themselves too seriously and it's at least entertaining.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Good news. All signs point to the full return of sports this fall. Will be a crazy amount of sports with the NBA finishing their season and the start of CFB and the NFL. Can't wait..

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
3 Man Front has become my favorite of the shows on WJOX. They get quite a few good guests and they work well together. When it first started, I was worried their might be an auburn lean but that’s not the case. Cole Cubelic calls it like he sees it for sure.

That being said, The Round Table struggles to talk sports for 4 hours in the middle of SEC football so they definitely have issues. I find often that Dunnaway and Brown almost interview Lance Taylor almost as he’s some kind of authority. lol. The “Jimmy the Greek” of Birmingham with his gambling advice. 😬

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Good news. All signs point to the full return of sports this fall. Will be a crazy amount of sports with the NBA finishing their season and the start of CFB and the NFL. Can't wait..
I hope you are correct, but it is still pure speculation at this point.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Masters just announced temporary dates for the 2020 tournament...11/9 thru 11/15.
On the way in this morning, this was being discussed on the Round Table WJOX. LT seems to think the attendance will be hurt due to this taking place during football season. LOL The toughest ticket in sports will probably do ok. LT, stay on the couch sipping Natty Seltzer and watch Buffalo vs. Cleveland.

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.