India issues veiled nuclear threat to Pakistan, hints forgo of 'no first use' policy

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Uhhh... WWIII anyone?

The comment by Rajnath Singh introduces a level of ambiguity to a core national security doctrine, analysts said.

It comes amid tensions between the two countries which have increased following India's move to revoke autonomy in the disputed region of Kashmir, the cause of two of their three wars.

On Thursday, Pakistan's army said three of its soldiers were killed in cross-border shelling by India, and that five Indian soldiers were also killed. Delhi confirmed the exchanges of fire, but denied the deaths of its soldiers.

In February, Indian and Pakistani fighter jets clashed over the Kashmir region.

In a visit to Pokhran in western India, defence minister Rajnath Singh paid tribute to late former prime minister and revered leader of the ruling Hindu nationalists, Atal Behari Vajpayee, for making India into a nuclear power.

"Pokhran is the area which witnessed Atal Ji's firm resolve to make India a nuclear power and yet remain firmly committed to the doctrine of 'no first use'," he said.

"India has strictly adhered to this doctrine. What happens in future depends on the circumstances."
India issues veiled nuclear threat to Pakistan with hint it could abandon 'no first use' policy

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Could be like the Second Sino-Japanese War for the eventual WWIII.
That's the fear. So much attention is given to US-Russian-Chinese relations that it's easy for us to overlook hotbeds of activity between nuclear powers like India and Pakistan...

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Which country benefits Russia more?
Russia sells ( or at least used to sell) weapons to India...............aircraft, tanks, etc.................Pakistan has bought from China, and some from the US (F-16 aircraft). A conflict there will draw China in on the side of India, who has fought a few border skirmishes with China............Russia will just sell more weapons to India ( provided they work..............the Indians have pulled out of a few programs because Russia cant get things correct)

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Russia sells ( or at least used to sell) weapons to India...............aircraft, tanks, etc.................Pakistan has bought from China, and some from the US (F-16 aircraft). A conflict there will draw China in on the side of India, who has fought a few border skirmishes with China............Russia will just sell more weapons to India ( provided they work..............the Indians have pulled out of a few programs because Russia cant get things correct)
My question was sort of in jest answering how the president will respond to this. But now that I think about it should not be in jest because he will probably respond to this EXACTLY how Putin tells him to.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
My question was sort of in jest answering how the president will respond to this. But now that I think about it should not be in jest because he will probably respond to this EXACTLY how Putin tells him to.
I doubt Putin does anything other than sell more weapons to the Indians...……….we have tried to make inroads there, and have a pretty fair diplomatic relationship with India and to a smaller extent, Pakistan ( even though they support some bad hombres). China is one to watch in the whole thing though...…………...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.