Poll: Is Donald Trump a Christian?

In Your Opinion Is Donald Trump a Christian?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i guess this sort of goes here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/12/abortion-women-do-not-regret-study

An overwhelming majority of women who get an abortion do not regret the decision to undergo the procedure, according to a new study published in the academic journal Social Science & Medicine on Sunday.

Researchers surveyed 667 women across 21 states in the US multiple times over a five-year period, tracking each woman’s emotions around their decision to get an abortion. About 95% of women indicated they believe that going through an abortion was the right decision over the course of the study.

The study asked participants if they had any emotions of sadness, guilt, relief, regret, anger or happiness over their decision. Relief was the most common emotion throughout the five years of the study.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
As a former member of the fundamentalist evangelical Christian community, this subject was perhaps the most difficult for me to let go of emotionally in terms of my old "belief" system as it regards governmental control of human behavior. I won't go further into it so as not to derail the thread.

What I will say is that the republican party is not serious at all about reversing the Roe v Wade decision. They are serious about using it as an issue to divide and conquer, but it doesn't go much further than that.

That fact actually helped get Trump elected. The evangelical base was so disillusioned with republicans on this and other issues that they first turned to the tea party and then to Trump in hopes of finally electing someone that would actually follow through instead of making empty promises. Like Lucy holding the football and poor Chuck falling for the ruse over and over they continue to fall for the ruse that someone in the republican party cares enough to get the job done. They still believe democrats are the ones standing in the way of the change they want. The have kicked empty air once again and don't yet realize they are suspended in air with gravity soon to cause their inevitable fall back to a grounding realization that yet another charlatan has fooled them. This will not make them question their goal. It will only make the next charlatan they elect even worse. Desperation drove them to Trump and down that rabbit hole they will continue to go.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
As a former member of the fundamentalist evangelical Christian community, this subject was perhaps the most difficult for me to let go of emotionally in terms of my old "belief" system as it regards governmental control of human behavior. I won't go further into it so as not to derail the thread.

What I will say is that the republican party is not serious at all about reversing the Roe v Wade decision. They are serious about using it as an issue to divide and conquer, but it doesn't go much further than that.

That fact actually helped get Trump elected. The evangelical base was so disillusioned with republicans on this and other issues that they first turned to the tea party and then to Trump in hopes of finally electing someone that would actually follow through instead of making empty promises. Like Lucy holding the football and poor Chuck falling for the ruse over and over they continue to fall for the ruse that someone in the republican party cares enough to get the job done. They still believe democrats are the ones standing in the way of the change they want. The have kicked empty air once again and don't yet realize they are suspended in air with gravity soon to cause their inevitable fall back to a grounding realization that yet another charlatan has fooled them. This will not make them question their goal. It will only make the next charlatan they elect even worse. Desperation drove them to Trump and down that rabbit hole they will continue to go.
You've nailed it...the Republican Party has been using conservative evangelicals for years without doing anything concrete...Democrats are no better, they just don't promise them anything.

The disillusionment of the evangelical base will not go away...don't know what this portends for the future.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You've nailed it...the Republican Party has been using conservative evangelicals for years without doing anything concrete...Democrats are no better, they just don't promise them anything.

The disillusionment of the evangelical base will not go away...don't know what this portends for the future.
Why would those who fear God care about politics? Their purpose has nothing to do with government. Their purpose is to serve God, and bring others to God. Not to attempt to enforce God's will on Earth.

• Thank You
Reactions: NationalTitles18

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Why would those who fear God care about politics? Their purpose has nothing to do with government. Their purpose is to serve God, and bring others to God. Not to attempt to enforce God's will on Earth.
True...but sometimes serving God gets confused with other agenda...such as building the KOG on earth. I could preach a sermon here...but I won't...LOL.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

It likely portends ever deepening desperation that if you believe in Revelation will likely end with most church-goers ushering in the Antichrist/false prophet/beast willingly and with open arms and cheering.

Maybe they took "Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven" too literally and they don't want to spend eternity with aborted gay fetuses.

True...but sometimes serving God gets confused with other agenda...such as building the KOG on earth. I could preach a sermon here...but I won't...LOL.
Just my opinion, but it seems the churches have largely lost sight of their true missions - to spread the good news and alleviate suffering on Earth - and replaced them with grasping desperately for power and idol worship. They have replaced love with fear and logic (a sound mind) with reprobation. I could offer supporting evidence and expound to preach a sermon myself :D

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
It likely portends ever deepening desperation that if you believe in Revelation will likely end with most church-goers ushering in the Antichrist/false prophet/beast willingly and with open arms and cheering.

Maybe they took "Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven" too literally and they don't want to spend eternity with aborted gay fetuses.

Just my opinion, but it seems the churches have largely lost sight of their true missions - to spread the good news and alleviate suffering on Earth - and replaced them with grasping desperately for power and idol worship. They have replaced love with fear and logic (a sound mind) with reprobation. I could offer supporting evidence and expound to preach a sermon myself :D
You just did...and a pretty good one IMHO.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I actually do not understand. If he says he is Christian, then yes, yes he is. But, Is he Christian in good standing with God? then I would have to answer that as no.
That’s not how it works. Just saying you are a Christian doesn’t make you a Christian. The Bible says that you will know a Christian by his actions. Which is exactly why I know, without a doubt in my mind, that Trump is no Christian.

From the way he runs the country, to the way he runs his companies and the way he treats people in his life, this man is no Christian. This started way before his presidency, the man has lied and cheated his way to the top. Plenty of pre-presidency documentaries about how he has ruin communities to build a golf course, create fake companies to extort money from people and just flat out deceitful business practices. This is why I get so frustrated that Christians I know have bought into this “sent by God” nonsense.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
That’s not how it works. Just saying you are a Christian doesn’t make you a Christian. The Bible says that you will know a Christian by his actions. Which is exactly why I know, without a doubt in my mind, that Trump is no Christian.

From the way he runs the country, to the way he runs his companies and the way he treats people in his life, this man is no Christian. This started way before his presidency, the man has lied and cheated his way to the top. Plenty of pre-presidency documentaries about how he has ruin communities to build a golf course, create fake companies to extort money from people and just flat out deceitful business practices. This is why I get so frustrated that Christians I know have bought into this “sent by God” nonsense.
There's an old story about someone who asked the Amish farmer if he was a Christian...he replied, "Ask my neighbor and see what he says."

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
So, that's it, then. Your Christian religion consists of a position on abortion. That says loads...
[/QUOTE
Where does Abortion stop and murder begin, a lot of the abortion flared up with the continued push to normalize abortion and late term abortion. Is it murder once the baby is delivered? If yes what about when just the head is out, when you can touch the head, once woman is dilated, one hour before, day, week, etc.

If your meant me,,, Abortion is way down my list of voting consideration, but understand how it can be a legitimate and primary issue for those on both sides

Folks like VA governor certainly help fan the flames.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I am so lost.

The question confused me a little....
Most consider an evangelist to be Christian, i think. Which took me here...
Evangelical denominations in North America...there seem to be many.

....and, "the belief that some or all Christian groups are legitimate churches of the same religion regardless of their distinguishing labels, beliefs, and practices"

I then thought of the new number of gender options available, and wondered if he could really be considered "male"

So your confusion is only due to my confusion of the question, which seems to imply there is a common understanding for what it is to be Christian.

My Mother would have identified with "Christian" In my opinion no better woman have I ever met, and her frustration with the political leaders, regardless of their religious beliefs seldom had much sway in her voting for or against them.

• Thank You
Reactions: NationalTitles18

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Thanks for explaining, @IMALOYAL1 . I see you, too, occasional suffer from LCS (Loose Connections Syndrome).
I suffer from many other things also. I'm generally a pretty happy go lucky type.
It is easy to go down a rabbit hole when I'm reading things on the interwebs.

If everyone could just smile and say "RollTide" to one another! 💗

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
You nailed it. There are many genuine believers who are confused about the NT believer's role in regard to politics and social activism. While their understanding regarding the foundation, i.e., the gospel of Jesus Christ, as well as many other things is sound, their understanding regarding this issue is not sound. Many are sincere and mean well but have caused a great deal of confusion and harm to the overall testimony of the Lord's people, as well as forcing themselves into bed with some who are simply political opportunists or outright charlatans and thus, unfortunately, have become at least somewhat identified with them.

IMO, the advent of the Moral Majority was one of the final nails in the coffin of the hope for any meaningful "revival" in the West. Not questioning their motives but their understanding of the role of the saints during this age. Involvement: misdirected time and energy, misrepresented the Lord and His purposes and ways, unnecessarily incited the fear and loathing of many and often fostered a self-righteous attitude. The presentation of the "good news of Jesus Christ", as well as a corresponding personal walk should be the believer's primary interface with the world at large during this age - according to the NT Scriptures, IMV.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
to be fair, that pretty much describes the conservative christian movement in this country the past 40-50 years.
It really depends on which conservative Christian movement. Billy Graham's rise was mostly due to the Cold War opinion that communism equals atheism, and that Christians should rally behind leaders that are actively seeking the utter destruction of the Soviet Union. So originally I don't think Roe v Wade was the issue driving evangelicals, but once Roe v Wade happened it opened up the same hysteria that Obama's new health care bill did.

I think being against abortion isn't the issue, its when your vote is based around the issue of abortion.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
There is a difference in being a Christian and being of Christian faith. Many people believe in God but have not or will not accept Him as their personal savior. Also God uses non-Christians and evil people to do good from time to time. Just read the Bible. I don't know if President Trump was chosen by God or not. I do believe that the Democrats appear to be catering to a very small percentage of our population and do not appear to worry about offending a large percentage of the population. Unfortunately there will never be a perfect person running for any office. We still have to pick and choose between imperfect people. I decide who I will vote for based on many issues not just my belief in God as my Lord and Savior.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Anytime a Christian denomination/movement gets in bed with politics, it becomes the prostitute. There is a reason the separation of church and state in a formal way is an excellent idea and practice. When you combine ultimate loyalty (God) with a human, error-filled process of power/control -- (politics) -- you have a combination that is doomed from the beginning. I'm so radical in this area that I don't think ministers should act as agents of the state in signing wedding licenses. Let the government do their work -- issue a legal license which needs no further attestation. If a couple wishes to be married in a church that is between them, the church, the minister and the good Lord.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.