Is it too early for this? Who comes back and who turns pro?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, I hope so too. If he would have had his head on right earlier he may have been the hero Monday night.
Literally could have had a Smitty beginning to his Alabama career. A huge waste of his talent, which ruined an entire season of work for the entire team. Not all his fault, but he shoulders a lot of the blame with two HUGE drops in the game.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Don’t understand that one.

He has his degree, and maybe his Masters. He has reached his ceiling I think, and there are freshmen ready to be groomed. I think he will do decent in the NFL, maybe a 5th or 6th rounder, who could be a short yardage guy... maybe for the Patriots/Mac. He will make some money on a practice squad at least. He gave his all at Bama. Made some crucial catches. RTR

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Literally could have had a Smitty beginning to his Alabama career. A huge waste of his talent, which ruined an entire season of work for the entire team. Not all his fault, but he shoulders a lot of the blame with two HUGE drops in the game.
To "Run the damn ball!" we have added, "Catch the damn ball!"

Going into the spring, the Alabama fanbase finds itself far more balanced:

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
This is why I think the light really came on for him after the game and I think he now knows what you’ve said and what Coach Saban was trying to say. I look for him to take off.

Brooks will take off as well and I believe we will see a pleasant surprise in the offense next season because of these two.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He may see incoming talent and feel that he hit his ceiling this year. Look, if he makes a practice squad then he makes what, $600k an year? Looks like it could be a good move for him.
No, practice squad does not make league minimum - in 2021 players with two or fewer accrued NFL seasons earn $9,200 per week ($165,600 for 18 weeks spent on the practice squad).

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
No, practice squad does not make league minimum - in 2021 players with two or fewer accrued NFL seasons earn $9,200 per week ($165,600 for 18 weeks spent on the practice squad).
Still not a bad gig for a 25 year old kid. Practice squad players always have the chance to elevate due to injury as well. Dude could scratch out a nice career for himself honing his craft then get into coaching eventually.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Lot of raw talent there. Hopefully some guys develop over the off season and are ready to step up. I’ll also be shocked if we don’t bring in either a portal receiver or a grad transfer. Just not enough experience on that list currently.

I also think another off-season of practice and chemistry will make BY even better equipped to elevate the talent around him. This squad will be dangerous.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Still not a bad gig for a 25 year old kid. Practice squad players always have the chance to elevate due to injury as well. Dude could scratch out a nice career for himself honing his craft then get into coaching eventually.
Possibly, but practice squads are limited to 16 players - I don't think there's much room 'long term' there.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
With Hall when did catch it the other night look at his running style, not saying he's this guy but when he runs with the ball kinda gallop's like Julio

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.