Is Sarkisian eager to leave Alabama?

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I feel like his name gets linked to just about every head coach opening that comes around. For that to happen the interest needs to be somewhat mutual.

why the eagerness to go? Even Kiffin “suffered” (as he puts it) through three years. Is it that hard of a job, or is Sark that eager to be a HC again?

i can’t help but think this will negatively impact recruiting if he stays next year.
His name getting linked to open jobs does not mean he is interested in them as much as they are interested in him. Nick Saban name has been tossed arround several times since he got here and he is still here.

• Thank You
Reactions: Con and The Ols

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Colorado May be different. They are backed into a corner and need a splash hire. Bienemy is the next NFL coach, so if he went to Colorado, it would only be for a year. The Buffs don’t need that , so I think Sark is their best target. Question is, will he take it?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I feel like his name gets linked to just about every head coach opening that comes around. For that to happen the interest needs to be somewhat mutual.

why the eagerness to go? Even Kiffin “suffered” (as he puts it) through three years. Is it that hard of a job, or is Sark that eager to be a HC again?

i can’t help but think this will negatively impact recruiting if he stays next year.
All that it means is that he has a very good agent... :rolleyes:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If you are going to take the Colorado job, you need a Big or Huge Recruiting Budget to RECRUIT nationwide, if you want a chance to be successful there: recruit Texas, California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, etc.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Are Colorado expectations so high as to need to recruit nationally? I thought a good bowl win was good enough.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I sometimes think coaches chase better jobs when they are young which could mean more money or something better on their resume. Sark is not young anymore. If he can be a part of Coach Saban winning his 7th National Title, that would enhance his resume which could get him the best job possible. He wasn't the head coach of bad lower level schools. Southern Cal and Washington aren't bad names to have beside your name as being a head coach. Colorado on the other hand, eh. You never know, he may be showing loyalty to Alabama to position himself as a candidate for Alabama whenever Coach Saban does decide to hang em up.

Reactions: The Ols

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I don’t know if Sark has some overwhelming desire to leave Tuscaloosa. But it is clear he is willing to listen to other opportunities. And there is nothing wrong with that. I do believe he takes very strong counsel from CNS however. And I believe as well he is looking to get back into a head coaching position, but I think has to be a good fit for him.

Like many here, over the course of many years, I’ve been offered the chance to look at other employment opportunities. And many times I’ve listened, looked at all sides of the situation, and realized after evaluation it wasn’t “right”. And I explored those situations not necessarily because I was unhappy in my current role with my employer. The very same could be true with Sark.

One thing I’m pretty sure about: Coach Sark really needs to use great discernment In what job he takes if offered. Given the situation at USC that led to his ouster, the wrong job can place him back in a similar situation. In terms of recovery, he is still learning to “walk that walk”. The wrong job could be more of “stumbling block” than a ladder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Con

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I don’t know if Sark has some overwhelming desire to leave Tuscaloosa. But it is clear he is willing to listen to other opportunities. And there is nothing wrong with that. I do believe he takes very strong counsel from CNS however. And I believe as well he is looking to get back into a head coaching position, but I think has to be a good fit for him.

Like many here, over the course of many years, I’ve been offered the chance to look at other employment opportunities. And many times I’ve listened, looked at all sides of the situation, and realized after evaluation it wasn’t “right”. And I explored those situations not necessarily because I was unhappy in my current role with my employer. The very same could be true with Sark.

One thing I’m pretty sure about: Coach Sark really needs to use great discernment In what job he takes if offered. Given the situation at USC that led to his ouster, the wrong job can place him back in a similar situation. In terms of recovery, he is still learning to “walk that walk”. The wrong job could be more of “stumbling block” than a ladder.
I think his drinking problem was due to his wife...It absolutely spilled over into football and he got the help he was in dire need of...but I think football was still his refuge and that his demon was the fairer sex...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I think his drinking problem was due to his wife...It absolutely spilled over into football and he got the help he was in dire need of...but I think football was still his refuge and that his demon was the fairer sex...
I disagree with your logic, but have deleted my response as that would take us down roads we do not need to travel. And I cannot figure out how to say it without doing all that. Personal responsibility is the key to controlling addictive behaviors...whether alcohol, cocaine, or sugar (me).

• Angry
Reactions: DogPatch

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I disagree with your logic, but have deleted my response as that would take us down roads we do not need to travel. And I cannot figure out how to say it without doing all that. Personal responsibility is the key to controlling addictive behaviors...whether alcohol, cocaine, or sugar (me).
That was probably unfair for me to say as I am not a Dr., nor do I know anyone who has had to deal with an issue like his...That was my opinion, but I understand that opinions can also be damaging...

• Thank You
Reactions: Padreruf

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
While I hope Sark stays around for a few more seasons, I'm not convinced that winning a title UNDER Saban is the key to him getting another shot at a upper tier P5 school. I tend to believe it would be showing he could handle the pressure of running a program, almost any program, without any issues arising like those that led to his ouster at USC. Nobody doubts he can call a college offense. The doubt lies in running a program, and all that entails.

Reactions: The Ols and CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
While I hope Sark stays around for a few more seasons, I'm not convinced that winning a title UNDER Saban is the key to him getting another shot at a upper tier P5 school. I tend to believe it would be showing he could handle the pressure of running a program, almost any program, without any issues arising like those that led to his ouster at USC. Nobody doubts he can call a college offense. The doubt lies in running a program, and all that entails.
That’s my main point concerning discernment in moving back into a head coaching position. Sark and I are of the same “ilk” with the exception that I have quite a few more years under my belt in terms of recovery. The biggest thing you learn I believe is self knowledge and situational awareness as you move through recovery. I’ve learned to recognize the things that “trigger” and situations that are unhealthy for me.
As to what caused Sark’s problems, it really doesn’t matter. Heck when I was in active addiction, EVERYTHING caused my problems. My job caused it. My wife caused it. My kids caused. The sun came up that day and that caused it. If it rain that day, that caused it. Everything “caused it” except me. Denial, deflection and rationalization are the death knell for us addicts.
I’m pulling for Sark to find his happiness wherever that might be. But I know that true happiness can only be found if Steve maintains his sobriety. And that can only happen in the “right situation” and complete acceptance of his own frailties.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.