Is Shane Lee injured?

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Noticed he was in street clothes on the sidelines during the game. I remember hearing he was injured during the spring but couldn’t remember what it was for. Just curious when we might see him again.

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
Think he’ll redshirt , get his degree and move on to a team he will play for. Possibly Maryland.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Not sure if Shane Lee is injured or how badly, but Coach said on his show last night that Camar Wheaton got hurt at practice. The way he worded it, it sounded like it was a bad injury. Hopefully it isn't though. Need to get the 4 RB we have healthy all year.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Think he’ll redshirt , get his degree and move on to a team he will play for. Possibly Maryland.
Speaking of, I had no idea that Josh Jacobs' younger brother plays for Maryland. I was watching a replay of their game vs. West Virginia and he was playing. The announcers kept calling Lia, Tua and had to keep apologizing for it. 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, wishing Lee the best.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Or try putting his hand in the dirt
I don't see any way he'd be effective like that. Our typical OLBs average 6'4" for a reason. They need that length to keep the OL away from their bodies. Even our DL guys are not pretty much all 6'3" or greater. At just 6' (if that really), he just wouldn't be able to make that jump. He'd also have to gain a TON of weight to be a DL.

His best bet to become a really impactful player for us, given his body of work and build, is to be around 220 or 225 at most to gain the speed and lateral agility we look for in an ILB

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Shane Lee, man I hope he's ok. Had to start out of necessity 2 years ago and I don't remember seeing him since.

• Thank You
Reactions: CraigD

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
The fact that he started two years ago and can't sniff the field two years later speaks volumes about the state of our LB roster that season. That could have (dare I say, would have) made a difference in the outcome of the season.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't see any way he'd be effective like that. Our typical OLBs average 6'4" for a reason. They need that length to keep the OL away from their bodies. Even our DL guys are not pretty much all 6'3" or greater. At just 6' (if that really), he just wouldn't be able to make that jump. He'd also have to gain a TON of weight to be a DL.

His best bet to become a really impactful player for us, given his body of work and build, is to be around 220 or 225 at most to gain the speed and lateral agility we look for in an ILB
Honestly, I am not sure that he will every have the ability to turn his hips and run with someone, but 15 years ago he could have been a monster ILB.

Reactions: gtgilbert

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Not sure if Shane Lee is injured or how badly, but Coach said on his show last night that Camar Wheaton got hurt at practice. The way he worded it, it sounded like it was a bad injury. Hopefully it isn't though. Need to get the 4 RB we have healthy all year.
825EF582-C025-4A40-8435-461B3E4D5952.jpeg
Not sure exactly who this is but they have the same last name as Camar. Hoping that it is minor because Saban made it sound like he was done.

Reactions: CraigD

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.