It is getting close...You make the call in early July

VolFan1

All-American
Feb 6, 2009
Rocky Top
We got cranked up this week with a meeting. Here are a few kicking game scenarios:

1 - K1's kick from K's 40 is muffed by R1 at R's 5 and the ball goes into R's end zone where K2 recovers.

2 - K punts from the 50. As the ball comes down it hits R6 in the helmet at R's 10 yard line, the ball then bounces into R's end zone where K6 falls on the ball.

3 - K punts from the 50. As the ball comes down it hits R6 in the helmet at R's 10 yard line, at R's 2 yard line K6 falls on the ball.

You make the calls :)

Last edited:

VolFan1

All-American
Feb 6, 2009
Rocky Top
1. touchback
2. touchback
3. 1st/goal K at the 2
yes, yes, and yes....

The kicking game in high school can be confusing. As much as I would like to think TD K in the first two...the ball is dead as soon as it crosses the goal line.

A kick is a kick until it is possessed.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
yes, yes, and yes....

The kicking game in high school can be confusing. As much as I would like to think TD K in the first two...the ball is dead as soon as it crosses the goal line.

A kick is a kick until it is possessed.
I can't stand it when a KR catches the ball a step in the endzone and can't run it out. If he feels confident (guess that would be the word, maybe cocky) enough to return it, let the boy.

VolFan1

All-American
Feb 6, 2009
Rocky Top
I can't stand it when a KR catches the ball a step in the endzone and can't run it out. If he feels confident (guess that would be the word, maybe cocky) enough to return it, let the boy.
I agree, but that is NFHS rules.

Do you know that if a team lines up to kick a field goal and the ball becomes dead on the 2 yard line that the team that was on defense gets the ball at the 2 yard line? That is kind of messed up as well.

We get so used to seeing things on Saturday and Sunday that we often forget how things work on Friday.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I agree, but that is NFHS rules.

Do you know that if a team lines up to kick a field goal and the ball becomes dead on the 2 yard line that the team that was on defense gets the ball at the 2 yard line? That is kind of messed up as well.

We get so used to seeing things on Saturday and Sunday that we often forget how things work on Friday.
That is a ridiculous rule. I also don't like that a team can't return a blocked field goal. I saw it a couple of times at my high school. I don't see why the NFHS should stop them from returning it.

VolFan1

All-American
Feb 6, 2009
Rocky Top
That is a ridiculous rule. I also don't like that a team can't return a blocked field goal. I saw it a couple of times at my high school. I don't see why the NFHS should stop them from returning it.
You can't return a blocked PAT (called a try).

A team can return a field goal attempt, it is the same as a punt. The team on defense (R in this situation) can return is. The team on offense (K in this situation) can only advance the kick if they get it behind the line of scrimmage.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.