IT'S ALMOST THAT TIME AGAIN

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
wishbone sooner is a great guest, but we may have to have our own DB thread for the rest of them...:ROFLMAO:
DB is not what you think...it's dirt burglar...sorry for any confusion that may have intentionally caused.

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
Looking forward to another new season. Best of luck to my Tide friends. So much swirling around here in Sooner land. Time will tell.
So it looks like your team has kicked off a seismic shift in college football. If anything, it’s entertaining to watch aggy go into full blown melt. I’m just in for the laughs.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
OU has nothing to fear other than just playing better teams and having to endure an SEC schedule with pretty solid teams top to bottom.

If OU came into the SEC right now, they probably enter the conference no worse than the 3rd best team IMO.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
OU has nothing to fear other than just playing better teams and having to endure an SEC schedule with pretty solid teams top to bottom.

If OU came into the SEC right now, they probably enter the conference no worse than the 3rd best team IMO.
They likely won't be in the playoffs as often.

But they'll make a LOT more money and will find recruiting even easier, so (at worst) in the long term it will be beneficial for them.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
OU will be an exciting team to watch this season. They were hot at the end of last season and Rattler is starting to find his game. OU has their defense figured out as well. OU will be a tough team this season. Good luck to OU!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
With where Lincoln Riley and Coach Saban are at in their respective careers, it will be interesting to see how the Sooners acclimate to being in the SEC once they are in.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I believe OU will hold their own, but like Jimbo said at media days ' be careful what you wish for, it's tough to win in this league '

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I don’t like DB, I liked the old Soonerfans better, even though there are a lot of the same posters! Thanks WBS, good luck on the season.

Reactions: BamaNation

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
Went to my first Sooner game with my dad in '62. I like playing good teams. Had to endure more b..t kickings than I care to remember, so moving to the SEC will be just fine with this old Sooner.
I thought when the SCOTUS made name, image, likeness legal that it was the beginning of the end for the NCAA. If you remember, it was OU and Georgia that sued the NCAA for teams to have the right to be on TV more than just twice a year. I would be happy to leave Texas behind, you guys will find out their fans are not good. Are you sure you don't want the budget Aggies (OK State) too?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Went to my first Sooner game with my dad in '62. I like playing good teams. Had to endure more b..t kickings than I care to remember, so moving to the SEC will be just fine with this old Sooner.
I thought when the SCOTUS made name, image, likeness legal that it was the beginning of the end for the NCAA. If you remember, it was OU and Georgia that sued the NCAA for teams to have the right to be on TV more than just twice a year. I would be happy to leave Texas behind, you guys will find out their fans are not good. Are you sure you don't want the budget Aggies (OK State) too?
Sure , just read this board. Pretty much Everyone is OK with OU, it’s With Texas we have the problem!

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
Okies are pretty down to earth, we have idiots in our fan base like everyone else. When you guys came to Norman several years ago, it was a big time event, maybe some of you made that trip. I know the Sooners will have a tougher time than we have had. I don't think anyone is scared to play the tough schedule though. We have our proud history just like you folks have.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Okies are pretty down to earth, we have idiots in our fan base like everyone else. When you guys came to Norman several years ago, it was a big time event, maybe some of you made that trip. I know the Sooners will have a tougher time than we have had. I don't think anyone is scared to play the tough schedule though. We have our proud history just like you folks have.

I was there. Great folks all around during the trip.

However, at the game I was in the sun and there were 4 500-lb guys sitting beside, in front and behind me who were obviously the quality control taste testing group at the local brisket place :D I literally had no visible seat to sit in. Oh man I may have nightmares tonight from reflecting on this! ;)

More to the point: At this level I don't think anyone is scared to play anyone else. It's all about equitable scheduling. That's what's important. This becomes a LOT more difficult in an expanded conference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.