It's Time to End the "War on Drugs"

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
In CA they got greedy with the taxes, even after being warned it would be a problem. This is where democrats do get arrogant. They did not understand the market - the refused to understand it. Yes, unlicensed cannabis will always be cheaper but there are too many barriers for legal growers and the rules favor large corporations over those who could and should be the backbone of good cannabis policy - those who were previously wrongly persecuted - the small growers.
It really comes down to the difference in overhead. Legal weed comes with a huge amount of overhead. Illegal weed has almost none in comparison.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Put another way: If you’re curious why there were so many corny and ham-fisted anti-drug plot lines in your favorite shows growing up, they didn’t emerge from some organic social contagion about combating drug abuse. Instead, they were well-compensated, unattributed, and undisclosed commercials paid by the federal government that helped them sustain the requisite moral panic around its $50 billion a year “war on drugs” pursuant policy goals of caging surplus black and brown populations and maintaining a militarized presence in most of Latin America.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
If the goal was to save lives then the 2016 guidelines were an utter failure. Overdose deaths increased exponentially since then, mostly from illicit substances. This is a move in the right direction.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I was in Boulder not long after they legalized it. I made a point to buy some hash oil and weed just to say that I did it. The pharmacy was a hoot. Big chalkboard listing all the various hybrid species, and benefits. It was fun to talk to the people behind the counter and hear what the benefits and features were.

Drive thru Denver now, and just about every street corner has a shop with a green cross sign.

I really don't care for the stuff personally. But I like how it mellows out the crazy and violent. I had two dorm neighbors in college who were football players. Prone to getting drunk and getting violent. I made sure to stay on their good side. I always kept a stash in case they got rowdy. They would come back from the bars, ready pull out their cans of whoop ass. I could calm them down really quickly by sharing my stash with them. :)

BTW, I ended up giving my hash oil to a medicine man I got to know up on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. He had a license from Uncle Sam to possess and distribute peyote. For "religious" purposes.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Just grow it at home.
Its not as cheap to grow at home as you think! Growing weed from seed is a lot of fun and very rewarding but they're many challenges and risks involved, And if you don't do the right things, like feed, water or provide adequate lighting on a proper schedule you won't ever grow anything at home that can produce a product like what you buy at a dispensary. I wouldn't tell a medical patient to grow their own weed, but maybe a recreationalist.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Its not as cheap to grow at home as you think! Growing weed from seed is a lot of fun and very rewarding but they're many challenges and risks involved, And if you don't do the right things, like feed, water or provide adequate lighting on a proper schedule you won't ever grow anything at home that can produce a product like what you buy at a dispensary. I wouldn't tell a medical patient to grow their own weed, but maybe a recreationalist.
Good to know. :D

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Anytime brotha, considering how Marijuana industry has taken root in Oklahoma almost everyone knows someone whose got some plants in a garage somewhere now days. I want to see the war on drugs actually put a dent in combating the endless droves of tweakers strung out on meth, pcp and all that other nasty stuff that destroys individuals, families, and creates these menace to their communities. I don't know about outright abandoning the "war on drugs" cause I really hate what drugs have done to a lot people

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
At this stage with little kids - the risks aren't worth the rewards. If I lived in a different state.....

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Anytime brotha, considering how Marijuana industry has taken root in Oklahoma almost everyone knows someone whose got some plants in a garage somewhere now days. I want to see the war on drugs actually put a dent in combating the endless droves of tweakers strung out on meth, pcp and all that other nasty stuff that destroys individuals, families, and creates these menace to their communities. I don't know about outright abandoning the "war on drugs" cause I really hate what drugs have done to a lot people
I'd post you some pictures, but site rules being what they are...

At any rate, cannabis won't stop the tweakers.

And decriminalizing (even better, legalizing) will stop many of the bad things associated with the current drug trade so I'm all for it. If you care about harm reduction it's the way to go.

Reactions: 92tide and Go Bama

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
I'd post you some pictures, but site rules being what they are...

At any rate, cannabis won't stop the tweakers.

And decriminalizing (even better, legalizing) will stop many of the bad things associated with the current drug trade so I'm all for it. If you care about harm reduction it's the way to go.
Have an old friend who died over the summer - apparently od'd in spring & had a heart attack or stroke - ended up a vegetable till he died. Drug laws didn't stop his death, but had at least weed been legally available - he may have had some pain relief before he died. He had rheumatoid arthritis since his early 20s & self medicated in other ways. Which ended with him falling in with the wrong people.
Pretty damn sad all the way around. Found out because I sent him a Christmas card & his Dad wrote me a letter.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Have an old friend who died over the summer - apparently od'd in spring & had a heart attack or stroke - ended up a vegetable till he died. Drug laws didn't stop his death, but had at least weed been legally available - he may have had some pain relief before he died. He had rheumatoid arthritis since his early 20s & self medicated in other ways. Which ended with him falling in with the wrong people.
Pretty damn sad all the way around. Found out because I sent him a Christmas card & his Dad wrote me a letter.
Sorry to hear that about your friend. Sadly, he was one of about 101,000+ that died from overdose last year. 15 years ago that number was 10k or less. The misnamed war on drugs and the insane restrictions on prescription opioids have together been disastrous and caused many more deaths than if we just decriminalized or legalized it. How many people get shot buying weed in legal states? How many overdose when they know what's in it and what potency? Far, far, far, far fewer than do now.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Cheaper to grow at home than to buy, even on the street.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Cheaper to grow at home than to buy, even on the street.
Alabama charges possession with intent to distribute whenever they encounter plants. Or at least they used to. Cheaper, pharmacologically safer but not worth the risk in the south. Florida has pretty lax medical laws that make it easy though expensive to obtain even for out of state individuals while also in theory safely produced.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.