It's Time to End the "War on Drugs"

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
If one knows what they are doing then they can grow some great stuff - most often much better than dispensaries.
Yup but its not easy growing good stuff yourself, much less great stuff. If you know what you're doing and have everything you need (good seeds, good light, good soil, good temps, good fertilizer etc) and patience you can do well. But more often than not the product will be sub par to the dispensary. Also, you probably will have to stick to 'flower' and forgo gummies, other edibles, concentrates, pens etc.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Yup but its not easy growing good stuff yourself, much less great stuff. If you know what you're doing and have everything you need (good seeds, good light, good soil, good temps, good fertilizer etc) and patience you can do well. But more often than not the product will be sub par to the dispensary. Also, you probably will have to stick to 'flower' and forgo gummies, other edibles, concentrates, pens etc.
It really isn’t that hard to do. Yes, it is work. It takes effort. You have to be willing to learn. Depending on local law it may even be expensive (or could be fairly cheap, especially if you have some bag seed or donated seed and can grow outside in good soil). I mean, it is a weed so as long as conditions aren’t too bad you’ll get a good product and can make anything you want out of it.

Most often medical patients can benefit from gardening and it’s often recommended for activity.

It helps when grown in a legal environment by someone who is capable and willing to put in the work.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
my 21 year old n.o.r.m.l. t-shirt wearing self would have told you that never in a million years would this be true

Marijuana is legal in some form — medical, recreational or both — in the majority of U.S. states.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Over the past few years, Jonny Griffis has invested millions of dollars in his legal marijuana farm in northern Michigan, which produces extracts to be used in things like gummy bears and vape oils.

But now that farm — like many other licensed grows in states that have legalized marijuana — faces an existential threat: high-inducing cannabis compounds derived not from the heavily regulated and taxed legal marijuana industry, but from a chemical process involving little-regulated, cheaply grown hemp.

“It’s going to make our farm obsolete,” Griffis, the chief operating officer of True North Collective, testified before Michigan’s Marijuana Regulatory Agency recently. “The $3 million or so that I’ve invested ... is going to be wiped out.”

At the center of the issue is THC, marijuana’s main intoxicating component. While marijuana and hemp are the same plant — cannabis — the distinction between the two is a legal one, and comes down to the amount of THC in the plant, specifically the amount of a type of THC called delta-9.
High from hemp: States wrestle with chemically made THC | AP News

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Legal, hemp-derived THC-infused condiments, desserts and mocktails are what make Buds & Brews a one-of-a-kind high.
“You can get chicken tenders and then you can order some THC ranch,” said Mike Solomon part owner of Buds & Brews.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Legal, hemp-derived THC-infused condiments, desserts and mocktails are what make Buds & Brews a one-of-a-kind high.
“You can get chicken tenders and then you can order some THC ranch,” said Mike Solomon part owner of Buds & Brews.
I've gotten out of the loop here.

About three months ago, a CBD shop opened directly across the street from my office. They have a neon sign which says "THC." As luck would have it, the owner, a 35 yo woman, came into my office as a patient. I asked her about the THC. She said Delta 8 is legal in TN.

Curiosity sent me across the street after work, and I purchased a jar of Delta 8. I ate one, it tasted great, but no effect. My assumption was that the dosage was just so low that it wouldn't give you a feeling of being high. So I ate three more. Big mistake!

Now I'm hearing you can get drunk and high at the same time at Buds and Brew.

I don't know why TN doesn't just legalize and be done with it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

About three months ago, a CBD shop opened directly across the street from my office. They have a neon sign which says "THC." As luck would have it, the owner, a 35 yo woman, came into my office as a patient. I asked her about the THC. She said Delta 8 is legal in TN.

Curiosity sent me across the street after work, and I purchased a jar of Delta 8. I ate one, it tasted great, but no effect. My assumption was that the dosage was just so low that it wouldn't give you a feeling of being high. So I ate three more. Big mistake!

On NPR a couple of days ago, one "expert" was saying that Delta 8 ages into Delta 9...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Very interesting article.

Honestly, I didn't know the difference in Delta 8, 9, and 10 until today and have never even seen meth.
I've never seen meth either. I've assumed it must be similar to the legal amphetamines we took for study in college, just supercharged. I do have an up close and personal acquaintanceship with THC...

Reactions: 92tide and Go Bama

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

It can take an hour or two to have full effect.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States

A friend gave me a perfectly legal delta 8. She said eat one... I thought she said the dosage was 15... she said 50. I just can't hear... Made the Mardi Gras parade very intense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.