I've been down for the count. 4th knee operation...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I've been AWOL for about a week.
New operating system, and I have a new computer too.
Looks like I may need to make a new sign on for TideFans. My old one no longer works.
As for as my left knee... They removed 40+ year old screws so that they will eventually be able to do a knee replacement. (Spring)
Looks like my deductibles for this year and next will be met easy. (Sorry C+)

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I've been AWOL for about a week.
New operating system, and I have a new computer too.
Looks like I may need to make a new sign on for TideFans. My old one no longer works.
As for as my left knee... They removed 40+ year old screws so that they will eventually be able to do a knee replacement. (Spring)
Looks like my deductibles for this year and next will be met easy. (Sorry C+)
Your sign on seems to be working. Hope all goes well.

Reactions: BamaNation

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Best of luck with knee replacement. This time last year I was scheduled for bilateral knee surgeries and a bleak Christmas period. Thankfully, things turned out well and once the initial rough period was over, a swift recovery. I do hope you have similar swift recovery.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I’m with you brother, just had hardware taken out if my knee and new hardware put in Dec 4th. Suppose to be on a shelf for a few months, but already walking with a slight limp, Nick is my encouragement. Got three words for you. REHAB, REHAB, REHAB! Cut No corners, do the exercises and ask for more! Oh, and Ice is your best friend!A644C7F1-77BD-4185-9FCE-42774CB9C5D1.jpeg

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Best of luck with knee replacement. This time last year I was scheduled for bilateral knee surgeries and a bleak Christmas period. Thankfully, things turned out well and once the initial rough period was over, a swift recovery. I do hope you have similar swift recovery.
Thanks... Years ago I discovered the secret to successful surgeries.
1. Get the right sawbones...
2. Attack Rehab like it's 4th quarter and you are down 6 touchdowns.
With Rehab, Working thru Pain is the secret to gain.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Good luck to you Bro. I am nursing my left knee from a softball injury years ago. Seems that arthritus is setting in. Shoulder too. I stay in pain most days to some extent..but I will have to follow your lead one day most likely. Getting old is......tougher than I thought IF that is my issue. Makes one ornery. It has hurt my 40 time for sure;):coffee:Measure that in minutes now.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Good luck to you Bro. I am nursing my left knee from a softball injury years ago. Seems that arthritus is setting in. Shoulder too. I stay in pain most days to some extent..but I will have to follow your lead one day most likely. Getting old is......tougher than I thought IF that is my issue. Makes one ornery. It has hurt my 40 time for sure;):coffee:Measure that in minutes now.
These days Arthritis looks to be in the future of anyone who had serious injuries years ago.
3 of my 4 left knee surgeries, they have nibbled off Arthritis spots. My next time will be a total knee replacement, so arthritis there wan't be a big thing. I have had arthritis removed on both shoulder surgeries too. My surgeries made me more ornery... I was already a type A in your face type guy, but some folks who ain't fair minded say I got worse with age. :)

Can you name the movie the Fair minded part came from?

Reactions: Tenntiderman

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
Fourth operation?
Just think of it as fourth down in the fourth quarter, at four degrees below, with four seconds to go, and you need to make that touchdown to win. But you will do it, by hook or by crook, because this game is for keeps!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.