I've got it! And, now, I disappear into the abyss

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
play a game on 07, then play one on 08 immediately after......there's a pleasant difference, at least to me, anyways. Gameplay smoothness is definitely noticeable.

I think high step is B, but don't hold me to it.

Last edited:

BigAl5833

All-American
Oct 15, 2005
Muscle Shoals, AL
psxsports.com has a rough version of their rosters up for xbox 360. They think the whole thing should be done by Friday maybe. I hope they come out on ps3 soon afterwards.

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
Just bought a 360 and a copy of 08...Wow! Graphics are great...I'm used to the ps2...It's gonna be a B**** getting used to these different controls though...I'm guessing it will take A LOT of time...Played 2 games and did have a disc read problem during 1 game?? :conf2::conf2: Anyone have any idea of a time frame to ween myself away from ps2 controls and master 360?

I have had the disk read problem twice, but only during the Campus Legend.

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
From some of these replies, I am definitely gonna play this game before I consider buying it. Do not want to be disappointed like I was with last years version.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think it is a big improvement from last year. How else can they make it better?

1. The AI is better! I'm having a hard time passing!! I may have to practice.

2. My graphics are better, but I have a big screen.

3. I really don't expect more from the Audio.

4. I like the ESPN.com features.

5. I wish you could get the live weather feed on Dynasty mode.

6. I wish they would expand the team selections to include some such as NAU and the Big Sky conference. Just think it would be cool!

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
Is there something I'm missing in the passing game? I hold down the button to pass the ball and the QB fires the ball out. I TAP the button to pass the ball and the QB STILL fires the ball to the WR. What happened to the ability to loft the passes? I keep getting intercepted on the post-corner routes because the DB steps into the line of fire.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Is there something I'm missing in the passing game? I hold down the button to pass the ball and the QB fires the ball out. I TAP the button to pass the ball and the QB STILL fires the ball to the WR. What happened to the ability to loft the passes? I keep getting intercepted on the post-corner routes because the DB steps into the line of fire.
I just rented the game two days ago and I'm having the same problem. There is definitely something different from last year's game going on.

The game is much smoother, the graphics are definitely better (IMHO), and the recruiting is much improved but there are a bunch of annoying little glitches like that.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I just rented the game two days ago and I'm having the same problem. There is definitely something different from last year's game going on.

The game is much smoother, the graphics are definitely better (IMHO), and the recruiting is much improved but there are a bunch of annoying little glitches like that.
I had to go to the practice field to get the "touch" for the passing. He still sort of zings it in there. I wonder if it is just the QB's ability.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
game informer's review said that the loft was not in the game.
I don't believe this is true, I've been able to loft passes. I've also noticed that if you use the left stick you can put the ball in better spots such as throwing over a defender and throwing to the outside/inside and throwing low. I think part of the problem is it's much harder to loft passes than it has been in the past but I've been able to do it so it can be done. The passing game in general is much more difficult than ever before but with some adjustments and practice it's not that hard to get the hang of it.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I don't believe this is true, I've been able to loft passes. I've also noticed that if you use the left stick you can put the ball in better spots such as throwing over a defender and throwing to the outside/inside and throwing low. I think part of the problem is it's much harder to loft passes than it has been in the past but I've been able to do it so it can be done. The passing game in general is much more difficult than ever before but with some adjustments and practice it's not that hard to get the hang of it.

I played a couple of games with FSU and their QB was able to put a lot of air under the ball on the loft passes. I really think it has to do with the rating of the QB.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I concur. I've always had friends who never use the left stick when they pass, and they NEVER have been able to pass like me. That said, it is much more difficult to pass this year. However, in years past, it has been much to easy, i.e. call shotgun slot cross and I could beat you game after game. However, that can't be run play after play anymore.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I concur. I've always had friends who never use the left stick when they pass, and they NEVER have been able to pass like me. That said, it is much more difficult to pass this year. However, in years past, it has been much to easy, i.e. call shotgun slot cross and I could beat you game after game. However, that can't be run play after play anymore.
Yeah, personally I like the fact that passing is more difficult than it ever has been before. You can't just bomb it deep all the time like years past and I like that, it's much more realistic. It also helps that they've finally improved the run blocking, where now your lineman will actually get out to the next level and pick up LBs & safeties opening up running lanes instead of just clogging up the middle. The game is far from perfect but it's a step forward from last year's IMHO.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
The most aggravating thing I have come across so far is that the depth chart won't stay like I want it. It always re-orders itself on gameday even though I had it set and saved differently.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Things that bug me so far:

1) Inexplicably making it more difficult to throw a lob pass. What was wrong with the system last year that needed this?

2) The depth chart list of available players being ordered from the worst player up and going back to this order after I resort it.

3) The game menu being so slow.

4) Play-by-play commentary that can't keep up with the plays. It is often close to a play behind even though it is recycling the same comments from previous years.

5) Bugs bugs bugs - It was really great of Corso to suggest I go for two after scoring a TD when I didn't need to and I hadn't been using the Corso suggested plays at all. When I selected a field goal instead, the place holder got up inexplicably, ran around in a circle and then reset himself in the wrong position. The ball was snapped and went straight by the placeholder. The play was then blown dead....why...I don't know. I've encountered other such as being able to select only two or three players out of the defensive huddles and those players not moving to their position on the field.

6) The game going into epileptic fits in between plays.

Recruiting started out interesting but a few weeks in I'm starting to see where it will be just as easy to load up with 5-star talent as previous versions. We'll have to see how it plays out.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
The most aggravating thing I have come across so far is that the depth chart won't stay like I want it. It always re-orders itself on gameday even though I had it set and saved differently.
That's been bugging the crap out of me as well. You'd think they would have caught something like this before they released the game. :(

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
I agree with much of what has already been said, but I'd also throw in that the super sim option is a VERY valuable addition to this year's version, saves a lot of time! Time which will now be spent on recruiting! I love what they've done with recruiting, it's light years ahead of where its been and I haven't even made it to the off-season yet. I've only scratched the surface but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!

BTW, you'll most certainly want to edit the roster because there are a bunch of discrepancies in there. :eek:
Haha, I was thinking. The EA Sports guys are probably the only ones out there that screw up our team roster worse than rolltide.com! :eek::willy_nilly: At least EA has the excuse that they are covering a large number of teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.