Jahlil Hurley Possible Flip to Auburn

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

forumripper1

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 12, 2022
I've heard talk of him de committing from Alabama sometime this week, and flipping his commitment to Auburn. This NIL thing, has really changed the landscape of college football recruiting for the worse. Pre NIL, If a 5* kid has offers from both Alabama and Auburn, 9 out of 10 would easily choose Alabama. But now, it's like 50/50. Whatever school offers a better NIL deal- IE more money, will probably land the commitment. Case in point, Jackson state. I feel like these kids are taking the quick money, and not looking at the bigger picture.

• Wow
Reactions: UAH

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I have been reading the "recruiting nuggets" on BOL about him. He will probably want social media attention until December. Someone on the message board who knows a teacher at his school says that he wears BAMA gear to school every day and they think he is still solid to Bama... just wants to take visits and enjoy the process. Of course, anything can change with teens these days. I try not to pay too much attention to recruiting until around November. It is what it is. The one thing I don't like is when recruits are dishonest on purpose to Coach Saban/staff... whether they chose that path or another team/coach told them to be that way. In this case, the Bama staff was aware he was going to visit Auburn and the Bama staff has continued to keep in touch with Hurley. RTR

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I've heard talk of him de committing from Alabama sometime this week, and flipping his commitment to Auburn. This NIL thing, has really changed the landscape of college football recruiting for the worse. Pre NIL, If a 5* kid has offers from both Alabama and Auburn, 9 out of 10 would easily choose Alabama. But now, it's like 50/50. Whatever school offers a better NIL deal- IE more money, will probably land the commitment. Case in point, Jackson state. I feel like these kids are taking the quick money, and not looking at the bigger picture.
More info than only a name in thread title(s), please.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Its April. No need to fret over commitments until late in the year esp. high profile in-state kids.
recruiting is a game for many of these kids. let them have their fun.
Thanks and agreed SJC. I don't know how a Barn NIL is going to be a better NIL deal that we can offer unless they go like Tennessee did with the QB or what A&M has been doing. They do have the yeller feller but....

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
NIL will get worse, something has to be done…and soon. AMiami basketball player is demanding more NIL money or he will hit the portal.
NIL headaches are just cranking up.

• Wow
Reactions: TiderJack

forumripper1

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 12, 2022
When the powers that be, decided to go ahead with NIL deals, they really didn't think it through. This thing is so out of control now. Look at T&AM recruiting class for 2022. Pre NIL, they never even came close to a recruiting class like this. Hate to say it, but NIL might be the end of Bama's dynasty!!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
When the powers that be, decided to go ahead with NIL deals, they really didn't think it through. This thing is so out of control now. Look at T&AM recruiting class for 2022. Pre NIL, they never even came close to a recruiting class like this. Hate to say it, but NIL might be the end of Bama's dynasty!!!
I don't think it will be the end but it's going to make it harder to get some of the players we would typically get and the talent will be more spread out. I think great players and kids from Alabama will still want to come to Bama to get developed and play for the GOAT but some will take the money and run which was evident with A&M's and Texas 2022 classes and most likely 2023. Hopefully revisions are coming soon to get it under control.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
If his reason for flipping to Auburn is NIL money he is being short-sighted. By his anticipated actions he is saying three shots at a National Championship is not important to him. That's okay if he is happy with that. He appears to be an amazing athlete and it is a shame he would rather be lost on the plains than on a team that is striving for Natties annually. I would certainly hope he had more competitive zeal than that.

forumripper1

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 12, 2022
I don't know how credible Locked on Bama Podcast is ( Luke Robinson & Jimmy Stein), this is where I heard it:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.