Link: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer) SIGNS with Bama

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Re: Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova Transfer)

Assuming that Quinerly does commit, how many spots are open for next years class (the 2020-21 season)?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
1 guaranteed spot (Beetle Bolden) but Lewis could go pro and there are almost always transfers so it could be anywhere from 1-4 spots open next year.

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States

I'm glad they mentioned the hardship waiver in the article. I have been wondering if their is any possibility that he could apply for one. With the way they have been granting them I wouldn't be surprised if he is granted one.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

I'm glad they mentioned the hardship waiver in the article. I have been wondering if their is any possibility that he could apply for one. With the way they have been granting them I wouldn't be surprised if he is granted one.

That would be awesome if he gets a waiver. I'm not counting on that to happen so if it does that will be the icing on the cake.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL

Awesome news. Really excited about the direction of the program. It's gonna be a fun ride!

What is the basis for the potential waiver? Haven't heard of anything. Would be great for this year if he gets it, but not holding my breath. At the least, he'd be a great addition next year especially if Lewis leaves since Beetle (Bailey) Bolden only has the one year

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

I'm not counting on it either, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is granted one.

If he does get a waiver, how does he fit on the court with Lewis at the same time? Looking at his stats, he can’t hit a basket if it were the size of the Pacific Ocean. I am excited we got him just curious if he gets the waiver, who does Oats move to SG? Do we possibly try to go with a 4 guard lineup with a C?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If he does get a waiver, how does he fit on the court with Lewis at the same time? Looking at his stats, he can’t hit a basket if it were the size of the Pacific Ocean. I am excited we got him just curious if he gets the waiver, who does Oats move to SG? Do we possibly try to go with a 4 guard lineup with a C?
Oats prefers to have two PGs on the court. Lewis or Beetle Bolden should be out there at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

CNO likes to play 2 PG’s at the same time anyway, which is why I expect Lewis and Bolden to both start this year. He will also play 4 perimeter players, and sometimes 5 perimeter players (ex: Alex Reese at the 5). JQ would fit fine playing with Lewis or Bolden.

The reason that he struggled this year is that he just doesn’t fit in Villanova’s system. He needs to be running and gunning. He fits this system perfectly. This dude will be a play maker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Just wow ... CNO is bringing it, can't help but be excited. Great addition in JQ Smooth

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Watching the Villanova fans react to the idea he is going to request a waiver has been great. For a guy they don't think was all that great, they sure are upset about a request for a waiver.

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
I read that the basis for the hardship waiver would center around the FBI investigation bringing his name up and the fallout that occured because of that even though he was eventually cleared of any wrong-doing.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I wish the NCAA would tighten up on giving out waivers and don't think this one should be given even though I'd love to see Quinerly play this upcoming season. I thought it was goofy that Key was allowed to play at UVA this past season along with many other approvals I've seen.

Quinerly needs to find a distant relative living near Tuscaloosa that has a hangnail or some other ailment that makes it difficult for that person to travel to Philadelphia to see him play...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.