Jake Jones Update

ridnlow

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 8, 2005
According to Rivals, Alabama has offered Jake Jones from Mountain Brook a scholarship. His dad played for Alabama, but I havent really heard to much on this kid. RTO, Love the Ping, have you guys heard anything about him?

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
Well, he plays WR and DB, I think he is slated to be a corner or safety at the next level. He plays on the same high school team as Charlie Higgenbotham, and his daddy was a heck of a player. I like to keep those legacies, and if he becomes half the player his dad was, he will be a good one. Supposedly this kid is a very good athlete, but he is way under the radar, at least per the recruiting services. Then again, he has an offer from LSU and now Bama, so he must be a player. He doesn't have any video up right now, so I haven't seen him in action at all. We'll see.

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
Okay, I just read up on this kid from a couple of premy articles on Rivals. Apparently he just moved to cornerback this football season, he had previously been a wide receiver. Because he had not played CB, the offers for this kid were slow to come. Apparently, the LSU coaches were baffled after seeing him on tape that he had not gotten offers from Bama and Auburn already. One of LSU's coaches called him "the most underrated corner in the country." He is 6'1, 177, sub 4.5 speed. Boasts a 39-inch vertical leap. Supposedly has very good hips and footwork. Apparently his senior video is amazing, and it should be up on Rivals in the coming days. It was impressive enough for Shula to offer a full scholarship immediately after seeing it. More to come on this kid for certain, but if his scholly offer is without provisions, I would think he will definitely end up at Bama. Apparently the staff is dead-set on taking another corner in this class (see the push for Hill, Udell, and Jenije), and Jones might be their man.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Jake Jones has slid under the recruiting services radar. He is thought to be very underrated. It is being speculated that Bama has offered him either a Bryant Scholarship or a grayshirt as a safety. He played WR until this season when he moved to S. He now has an offer from LSU. Nothing specific reported yet on Bama Mag but I have read he would like to follow in his dad's footsteps at Bama. He is the son of Bama great WR Joey Jones the HC of Mountain Brook High School.

Bama Mag: Jake Jones Profile

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
I see no way he goes Bryant Scholarship. Possible grayshirt, but definitely not Bryant scholarship. I don't know how good this kid is, but if Shula and company feel like he can play here, and LSU's coaches think he can play there, the kid can probably play a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
as soon as video is up, we'll give a good analysis and compare him to some other targets. I think he'd be an excellent greyshirt candidate, especially if his teammate Higgenbotham goes down that route, too.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Where did Joey's other son go? I think it was Joe... Wasn't it Samford? It seems like he was offered a chance to grayshirt/Braynt scholly but he wanted to play the next season. The same could happen here unless his heart is here. Here's hoping.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Jake Jones has a full scholarship offer from Coach Shula. He likes Bama a lot but he is leaning slightly to LSU but he is in no hurry to make a decision. His top 4 right now are Alabama, LSU, Vanderbilt and West Virginia.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Latest info on TI. There was a lot of talk about Alabama offering Jake the Bryant scholarship, which means they could not recruit him. So Jake was floored when Coach Shula called last week. Really, he had not heard much from Alabama. He was down to LSU and Vandy but the offer from Alabama has changed things. Jake is expected to make an official visit to Alabama on December 9. He'll make official trips to Vanderbilt this coming weekend and to LSU on December 17.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.