Jedrick Wills announces his intentions to turn pro

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
A lot of great OTs this year and I expect the first round to be loaded with them. Wills may’ve had the best season of the bunch too.

I’m pretty confident in his 1st round grade being accurate.

Reactions: B1GTide

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
hate to see him go, but the right choice, go get em brother, hopefully 1st round, but not sure.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
There could be 5 or 6 first round offensive tackles this year. Teams pretty much always need 1st round quality OTs so I’m not as worried about the positional depth being a problem for him as I would for WRs or RBs in a similar positional pool depth situation.

His tape is fantastic. I think he goes higher than projected by the media mock drafters. They see RT and assume he must be a worse pass protector than the LT on the team. They’d be wrong. He’s the best pass pro RT we’ve ever had because he was effectively the blind side blocker for our lefty starting QB in 2018 and most of 2019.

Reactions: Con and B1GTide

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Selfishly, I surely hate to see him go. However, I have no problem with him making the right decision and going after the money. I wish him the best. We are likely to see him in the Pro Bowl in years to come just like so many others from Bama. Roll Tide!

Reactions: B1GTide

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
I wish him all the best too. Always played tough, and always have second effort downfield blocking for running backs and pushing piles. I thought he was going to slap the center in the Auburn game for not snapping on the count.... but I se that as desire to win and excel more than anything else. Best wishes for a long and illustrious NFL career.... never forget Bama.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Selfishly, I surely hate to see him go. However, I have no problem with him making the right decision and going after the money. I wish him the best. We are likely to see him in the Pro Bowl in years to come just like so many others from Bama. Roll Tide!
Only thing that MIGHT stop him from being a Pro Bowl player would be himself. He has the MEAN streak that he employs very well. Go get it done young fella. Roll Tide and God Bless!! Thanks for the memories...and I forgive the pre-snap penalties!!:cool::LOL:
No kidding....I think this young man can be what he wants to be. Extemely team oriented.

Reactions: Con and 78Alum

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Want to give a SHOUT OUT to the State of Kentucky......we don't sign many from that great state, but the ones that we HAVE signed are and have been EXACTLY what they are said to have been. Some outstanding talent has come our way via Kentucky.

Reactions: Con

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I gotta say I do prefer this way of telling everyone you are going pro than the press conference.
I wonder if Saban decided to end the press conference tradition after several ended up deciding late - after the presser - to go pro and it made it appear like Saban held a grudge about their decision.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.