Jesse Williams is getting better and it showed against UF

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
We have been very talkative about our O line, including myself, but I want to commend the D line as well, especially the growth of Jesse Williams. He has had to learn a new system and it seems now more than ever he is getting his technique and power down at the same time. He has really grown and it is giving Upshaw and others room to go one on one to disrupt the QB. The thing of it all is, he has a high ceiling and it getting closer and closer to reaching it.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I think we have yet to see Williams' full potential. This kid has grown so much the last few weeks, he's just getting better and better. I think he's getting closer to reacting instead of having to think about it and is becoming a nightmare for the opposing offenses.

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
I swear he caught Chris Rainey from behind the other night as Rainey was trying to get out of the backfield. Jesse is quick for his size.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Jesse is going to get better with each and every practice and game and has shown incredible potential. A reporter asked Saban about Jesse in today's presser and Saban said he is very pleased and said Jesse is further along now than he thought he would be.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Williams looks gigantic, even when he his standing in a crowd of linemen. He is achieving, using only his size, raw talent, and whatever he has managed to learn in barely a few months. It will be fun to watch him grow into his position.

GMacFan

Suspended
Oct 3, 2009
By the 2012 season Williams will be a dominant force. His technique is getting better, and he plays with fierce tenacity and doesn't quit til the play's over. I mean he's been playing football how long? And he's already good enough to be a crucial member of what might be one of the greatest D's ever in CFB.

Black Warrior

Suspended
Mar 30, 2010
I wonder if Chapman is still the strongest guy on the team. Seems he was two seasons ago. He seems to be coming into his own this year.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
As Saban stated today, Jesse didn't grow up playing football being from Australia, so it's still basically new to him. When he catches on (LOL), learns more of the intricacies of playing DT, he is gonna be real special. He has really stepped up this year, but next year he will be a real monster.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
When williams comes of the field our dline drops off in production. He may still need work but I feel his been the most effective lineman against the pass an th run that we have.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Good question. It doesn't seem to be publicized as much now...
I seem to remember an interview with a player (maybe Trent on JOX during media days?) where raw strength was brought up and the player said that Jesse was at or near the top in the bench press on the team. That's impressive having not been in a major college S&C program.

I think the best word that describes him is "disruptive". You always see him in the backfield, running around, pushing his man back, just generally being a pain to the offense, which is just what this D-line needed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.