Link: Jim Rome eats crow: "Huge Tip Of The Hat To Alabama"

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
http://www.jimrome.com/take/huge-tip-of-the-hat-to-alabama/29195

Worst prediction ever. Couldn’t have jacked that one up any worse. I was wrong about that one, all across the board. Huge tip of the hat to Alabama who was unbelievable. But… as good as Alabama was, LSU was just that bad. In fact, even worse. Because they never bothered to get off the bus.
USC hammering O-U 55-19 back in 2005 was more competitive than this. Sabes and his crew couldn’t have looked any worse back in November but couldn’t have looked any better last night. And they did it right in LSU’s backyard. They bum-rushed them in their own crib, drank all their beer, partied with their ladies and left with the trophy.
There are a handful of great college coaches, but with three BCS titles to his credit, and a virtual guarantee that he’ll add to that, it’s now the Nictator…and everyone else. This cat is in a class all by himself.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That was an awesome article..My favorite part..

Including Tyrann Mathieu. Speaking of Mathieu: with his look, his lettuce, his game, his rap, don’t you think someone should hit him with a nickname: something that might go viral. Get on that people. Or if you want, I’ll do it for you: because watching McCarron throw right at him: his nickname should be toast.

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles
That was an awesome article..My favorite part..

Including Tyrann Mathieu. Speaking of Mathieu: with his look, his lettuce, his game, his rap, don’t you think someone should hit him with a nickname: something that might go viral. Get on that people. Or if you want, I’ll do it for you: because watching McCarron throw right at him: his nickname should be toast.
Toast would be a good name for Mathieu.

subherbanite

1st Team
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Not a big fan of Rome, he's waaayyy too smug. The man made it clear that we were not going to win that game! He also made it clear that "The Hat" was/is the better coach.

Yes, "Rome is Burning" and the crows are circling buddy:p_lol:

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
"Romey" was also one of the ringleaders of those who were bashing Bama back before CNS was hired. He called us every name in the book back then, and blasted our fanbase on a daily basis. His show is mildly entertaining on it's best day.

It is good to see him munch on that crow though.

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
I don't get it. The game wasn't a whipping in any sense of the word. I never got the feeling that the game was slipping away from LSU until the score was 15-0 going into the 4th quarter. In fact, both teams played exceptionally hard. One can watch the pace of the Nov 5 game and note this one had the exact same pace. LSU has nothing to apologize for.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
"Romey" was also one of the ringleaders of those who were bashing Bama back before CNS was hired. He called us every name in the book back then, and blasted our fanbase on a daily basis. His show is mildly entertaining on it's best day.

It is good to see him munch on that crow though.
I don't know why you're surprised at Rome. He's in league with thousands of other Bama haters, and they've been hatin' on Bama for as long as most of us have been alive. They hate on CNS for one reason - because he came to Bama. That makes him a target for their hate as well.
It's nothing new, and us winning yet another BCS NC title isn't going to change them. Yes, it might soothe the ruffles for a short while but you can bet they'll be right back to it in fairly short order. So you might as well get used to it. Let it go and get on about your business. JMHO

GoBama#1

All-SEC
May 4, 2005
Midlothian, Virginia
I don't get it. The game wasn't a whipping in any sense of the word. I never got the feeling that the game was slipping away from LSU until the score was 15-0 going into the 4th quarter. In fact, both teams played exceptionally hard. One can watch the pace of the Nov 5 game and note this one had the exact same pace. LSU has nothing to apologize for.
I look it sort of like that. I did not feel like we are going to win for sure until 15-0. LSU was dominated but made enough defensive plays at the right times to stay in it. I mean of two or three of those field goal drives were finished into touchdowns, instead of 15-0 its say, 27-0 and we win later 34-0.

However, I wore my crimson stuff out yesterday and more than one person stopped to congratulate me and explicitly told me we blew out LSU.

The perception for alot of people is we blew them out, and often perception is reality.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
Gotta disagree.

In the first game, Alabama outplayed LSU but the margin was relatively narrow. In regulation, the yardage difference was less than 100 yards and at the end, LSU still had fight.

This time was different. In addition to the statistical differences, LSU was physically and mentally whipped by the middle of the third quarter. You could see it in their faces.

I'm not saying they quit, because they didn't. They were beaten and they knew it.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I don't know why you're surprised at Rome. He's in league with thousands of other Bama haters, and they've been hatin' on Bama for as long as most of us have been alive. They hate on CNS for one reason - because he came to Bama. That makes him a target for their hate as well.
It's nothing new, and us winning yet another BCS NC title isn't going to change them. Yes, it might soothe the ruffles for a short while but you can bet they'll be right back to it in fairly short order. So you might as well get used to it. Let it go and get on about your business. JMHO
I'm not surprised at him or even remotely bothered by him. Just stating facts.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy...

Whenever I hear that smug [thanks, subherbanite - a perfect adjective for him] mouthpiece's name mentioned, I think back to the time that he called Jim Everett "Chris" - putting into question his masculinity, and Everett took him down.

I know that there have been allegations that it was staged, but I don't believe it's ever been proven, and I prefer to think that it wasn't...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
LSU's offense was never in this game. LSU's defense played on their heels all night long due to Alabama's aggressive offensive gameplan. To their credit, they did play exceptionally hard, and foiled every drive, except that last one. But see, this is what they did in the first game, we just missed the FGs that time and got an iffy call on an interception that would have put us at the 1 yard line.

The only nervousness I felt was, would Alabama allow a special teams return for a TD, or would the offense turn the ball over deep in our own territory. LSU was never going to score straight up (driving) against Alabama, just like the didn't on November 5.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Rome': They bum-rushed them in their own crib, drank all their beer, partied with their ladies and left with the trophy
I like Rome in very limited doses, like once a month or something, I kind of outgrew him. He intelligently brought slang and many of the players language to the the world of sports shows even if it originally was a bunch of white guys. His style helped bring him a lot of player support and interviews. Rome is far from a dummy.

You have to love quotes like this!

Edit: That video seems to find its way to any Rome thread. It was a publicity stunt that obviously worked since people still post it 20 years later. You can see that both of them were physically staged for the stunt, and that Chris made sure that Rome did not hit the floor hard, kind of controlling the fall.They both knew how the table was going to react with it barely touching Rome but him smartly having his hand right there to help brush it along, and there was Rome sitting nicely in his chair for Chris to act out a wrestling type stunt holding his hand as he went backwards until he knew that it was safe to let go. It was hilarious, and came off very real unless you do a study. Like a Andy Kaufman and the wrestling girl but more real.

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I like Rome in very limited doses, like once a month or something, I kind of outgrew him. He intelligently brought slang and many of the players language to the the world of sports shows even if it originally was a bunch of white guys. His style helped bring him a lot of player support and interviews. Rome is far from a dummy.

You have to love quotes like this!

Edit: That video seems to find its way to any Rome thread. It was a publicity stunt that obviously worked since people still post it 20 years later. You can see that both of them were physically staged for the stunt, and that Chris made sure that Rome did not hit the floor hard, kind of controlling the fall.They both knew how the table was going to react with it barely touching Rome but him smartly having his hand right there to help brush it along, and there was Rome sitting nicely in his chair for Chris to act out a wrestling type stunt holding his hand as he went backwards until he knew that it was safe to let go. It was hilarious, and came off very real unless you do a study. Like a Andy Kaufman and the wrestling girl but more real.
Boy, do I ever hope this doesn't mean that I need to start watching wrestling in order to avoid being a dupe.

Sheeeesh...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.