News Article: Jimbo Fisher's job is in jeopardy

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
No, we’re talking about the sheer arrogance of Alabama fans shutting the door before it’s even opened.

At least that’s what I’m talking about.

I don’t disagree with your clown assessment, but college football is becoming a circus.
And what older fans may see as clownish, young players may see as exactly what they are looking for.

I have kids ranging from 14-19 years old and as close as I am to them, there are times where their interests compared to mine are about as far apart as Earth and Pluto.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I am in no way ready to say that it's time for Saban to go watch the ducks !@!@!@ on the lawn, but looking to the future, it seems that whether any of us like it or not, the future of college football HC's is trending more towards the Kiffin/Sanders style than the Saban style.
Idk about Kiffin. I think he is more limited. Maybe I'm wrong there and I do find him entertaining at times.

Deion I think the jury is still out on. I don't have as much issue with his style as some here but when you listen to more of the substance of what he says it sounds a lot like Saban in some ways. I don't think Deion is what some here thinks he is. That said, he still has plenty to prove but no one can deny he's off to a good start.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
And what older fans may see as clownish, young players may see as exactly what they are looking for.

I have kids ranging from 14-19 years old and as close as I am to them, there are times where their interests compared to mine are about as far apart as Earth and Pluto.
That’s exactly what I mean. Fewer and fewer players want to put up with Saban’s way when it’s become apparent that you can go elsewhere and win. Kirby’s letting his kids kill people and play Dukes of Hazzard with no consequences, other schools have more money straight out of high school, why would they come to Alabama? Please Lord don’t let Saban wear a gold chain and big sunglasses for recruits.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Idk about Kiffin. I think he is more limited. Maybe I'm wrong there and I do find him entertaining at times.

Deion I think the jury is still out on. I don't have as much issue with his style as some here but when you listen to more of the substance of what he says it sounds a lot like Saban in some ways. I don't think Deion is what some here thinks he is. That said, he still has plenty to prove but no one can deny he's off to a good start.
His kid threw his Rolex up in the face of the CSU coach after the game. This kid is still living off nepotism right now. Some of that doesn’t sit well with me.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

I agree on Sanders, but my basic point is that young people are way different today than they were even 10-15 years ago, and what they expect and what works with them is dramatically different.

I know every generation is different from their parents' generation, but the differences seem to be accelerating at a break-neck pace.

It's going to require getting on board or getting off the ride at some point, and likely sooner than later.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I agree on Sanders, but my basic point is that young people are way different today than they were even 10-15 years ago, and what they expect and what works with them is dramatically different.

I know every generation is different from their parents' generation, but the differences seem to be accelerating at a break-neck pace.

It's going to require getting on board or getting off the ride at some point, and likely sooner than later.
Yea I think you're largely right.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Idk if Sanders will get to the point where he is a viable hire or not but I don't think he's a clown. If you actually listen to a lot of his interviews he says a lot of the right things, seems to know what he is talking about and clearly has a lot of respect for Saban.

Again, he would need to show a lot more to become a viable hire but there are quite a few things that I like about him.
His actions speak much louder. I know who he really is.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Are you on drugs bro? Do you not see the lightning he’s created? Dion Sanders has the same draw that Coach Saban had when he first got to the capstone. If you wouldn’t want that for our program I’d say you’re either on drugs or not a real fan. Besides all that, people either Love him or Hate him, I can see you fall in the latter category. Coach Saban and Coach Sanders share a very strong mutual respect between one another, I’d suggest that respect is warranted. If you actually listened to the way Dion coaches his players, it’s very similar to Coach Saban’s philosophies. I’d understand if you didn’t like the glam and swag aspect, but get over it, it’s a new world for CFB. Besides that I’m not talking about replacing Coach Saban in the near future. But 3, 4, 5 more years there’s no telling. I don’t see a more electrifying and competitive coach that can bring in the athletes we need to compete in the game. Do you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Con

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
If you actually listen to a lot of his interviews he says a lot of the right things, seems to know what he is talking about and clearly has a lot of respect for Saban.
He clearly tripped over his own ego before he gave props to Saban.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Are you on drugs bro? Do you not see the lightning he’s created? Dion Sanders has the same draw that Coach Saban had when he first got to the capstone. If you wouldn’t want that for our program I’d say you’re either on drugs or not a real fan. Besides all that, people either Love him or Hate him, I can see you fall in the latter category. Coach Saban and Coach Sanders share a very strong mutual respect between one another, I’d suggest that respect is warranted. If you actually listened to the way Dion coaches his players, it’s very similar to Coach Saban’s philosophies. I’d understand if you didn’t like the glam and swag aspect, but get over it, it’s a new world for CFB. Besides that I’m not talking about replacing Coach Saban in the near future. But 3, 4, 5 more years there’s no telling. I don’t see a more electrifying and competitive coach that can bring in the athletes we need to compete in the game. Do you?
He has won three games in FBS. Let’s cool the jets a bit.

I also don’t appreciate saying I’m on drugs or not a true fan because I disagree with your choice for our next coach.

Last edited:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
That’s exactly what I mean. Fewer and fewer players want to put up with Saban’s way when it’s become apparent that you can go elsewhere and win. Kirby’s letting his kids kill people and play Dukes of Hazzard with no consequences, other schools have more money straight out of high school, why would they come to Alabama? Please Lord don’t let Saban wear a gold chain and big sunglasses for recruits.
Gran Turismo is now a class at UGA

Latest threads