Joe Biden is Awful. Just the Absolute Worst Human. The thread.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Four all beef patties, 6 feet under: the McCPR
I'm sure Mr. Biden will do something I don't like.
It will probably be before Valentine's Day.

I don't care. I promise you - I don't.

======

Just a note here: I'm a STRONG believer in permitting wide latitude for a President's choices for both his Cabinet AND the Courts. Regardless of whether I agree with the choices or not, that's why we have elections. Unless you have evidence of criminal activity, conflict of interest, things that are obviously compromising and with which you can be blackmailed - and 3 or 4 other obvious things (judicial temperament, for example), I think any nominee a President makes should be a relatively easy and simple hearing rather than a chance for whomever to grandstand and start fundraising for the next campaign.

I say this PRIMARILY (right now) because Biden's Cabinet is all in the news. I'll get my news from here as always and make decisions - but unless you have something TRULY egregious (say Biden nominated O J Simpson for Homeland Security, since we all know he did it).....the President gets to pick his team.

I don't give a damn what somebody tweeted forever ago unless it incited a riot. Just my take.

I expect to sleep well not waking up every morning to "WTH????"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm sure Mr. Biden will do something I don't like.
It will probably be before Valentine's Day.

I don't care. I promise you - I don't.

======

Just a note here: I'm a STRONG believer in permitting wide latitude for a President's choices for both his Cabinet AND the Courts. Regardless of whether I agree with the choices or not, that's why we have elections. Unless you have evidence of criminal activity, conflict of interest, things that are obviously compromising and with which you can be blackmailed - and 3 or 4 other obvious things (judicial temperament, for example), I think any nominee a President makes should be a relatively easy and simple hearing rather than a chance for whomever to grandstand and start fundraising for the next campaign.

I say this PRIMARILY (right now) because Biden's Cabinet is all in the news. I'll get my news from here as always and make decisions - but unless you have something TRULY egregious (say Biden nominated O J Simpson for Homeland Security, since we all know he did it).....the President gets to pick his team.

I don't give a damn what somebody tweeted forever ago unless it incited a riot. Just my take.

I expect to sleep well not waking up every morning to "WTH????"
If Betsy DeVos could get confirmed, then OJ shouldn't have any problem at all... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Jon, 92tide and UAH

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Four all beef patties, 6 feet under: the McCPR
If Betsy DeVos could get confirmed, then OJ shouldn't have any problem at all... ;)
I'd like to be offended by this but.....I'm in agreement.

She's one of the few that I'm like, "No, not that one."

I was kind of bothered when I was younger over the whole John Tower thing, particularly when the chief bloviator against him (and his drinking history) was Sam Nunn, who himself had some past drinking issues. But having read a little more on it, I can at least see the argument (the Democratic Senate AT THE TIME of his nomination presumed as a former Senator it was going to be a simple "yes" vote).

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

B1GTide

Registered
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know which was more surprising (or depressing) over the past 4 years: That 45 could pick some of the worst and worthless people for his cabinet, for the court, to run this country. Or the fact that 75 million people think the country was being run properly and was heading in the right direction.
I know which concerns me more, and it is not trump.