Joe Brady, who helped one of the biggest goofballs in history win a title, fired today.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Don't put it all on me. The OL blocking scheme/personnel was the one I've crictized throughout the season and Many of others have trashed the OL throughout the season on this board and It was pinned on Marrone/BOB.

You mean to tell me that Marrone came up with wedging blocking, and putting Seth at the C? You mean to tell me to give them solel credit for the OL improving so much 1 week after Auburn game? I mentioned that Joe Pendry helped out with preparation for the Georgia game and I feel like He along with other folks should deserve part of the credits. WE don't know how much of a role Marrone had in changing the blocking scheme 1 week after Auburn game. Why didn't Marrone do it earlier?

BOB- After going through the whole season barely using Motion, Orbition motioning, putting more receivers at the line and using TE to help as blocking, etc... You mean to tell me BOB deserve all of the credit for what happened in 1st half against Georgia? What about 3rd quarter after the TD, when all of suddenly, we couldn't sustain drive, couldn't block all of the rushers.. and it took late 4th quarter before we started clicking. You mean to tell me that BOB is the sole person who came up with all of that changes to cause the OL /Playcalling to improve so much in 1 week after being inconsistent for weeks?

It's something I've spoken to Earle on this recently but no way in the world BOB/Marrone can make all of those changes without help from someone else. So therefore I refuse to give them full credit for the team performance in the bowl game.
IMO, Coach Pendry may have been the best Assistant CNS has had during this remarkable run. He can flat out coach the o-line for sure.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Don't put it all on me. The OL blocking scheme/personnel was the one I've crictized throughout the season and Many of others have trashed the OL throughout the season on this board and It was pinned on Marrone/BOB.

You mean to tell me that Marrone came up with wedging blocking, and putting Seth at the C? You mean to tell me to give them solel credit for the OL improving so much 1 week after Auburn game? I mentioned that Joe Pendry helped out with preparation for the Georgia game and I feel like He along with other folks should deserve part of the credits. WE don't know how much of a role Marrone had in changing the blocking scheme 1 week after Auburn game. Why didn't Marrone do it earlier?

BOB- After going through the whole season barely using Motion, Orbition motioning, putting more receivers at the line and using TE to help as blocking, etc... You mean to tell me BOB deserve all of the credit for what happened in 1st half against Georgia? What about 3rd quarter after the TD, when all of suddenly, we couldn't sustain drive, couldn't block all of the rushers.. and it took late 4th quarter before we started clicking. You mean to tell me that BOB is the sole person who came up with all of that changes to cause the OL /Playcalling to improve so much in 1 week after being inconsistent for weeks?

It's something I've spoken to Earle on this recently but no way in the world BOB/Marrone can make all of those changes without help from someone else. So therefore I refuse to give them full credit for the team performance in the bowl game.
On what planet did anyone suggest O'Brien or Marrone deserved all the credit? Nice straw man you built there.

Acting as if they deserve no credit is silly, but you be you.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
After seeing how the offense (particularly the OL) played Saturday you wont give the respective coaches credit?

Wow, okay.
On what planet did anyone suggest O'Brien or Marrone deserved all the credit? Nice straw man you built there.

Acting as if they deserve no credit is silly, but you be you.
And you tried to build the same straw. I said they didn't deserve the full credit. You be you as well. I'm done with the back and forth.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
being able to hear made a big impact. no exotic blitzes made an impact. Finding the right combo made an impact. Using the TEs better made an impact. Having a huge chip on your shoulder made an impact.

it was just the right time to gel.
All true. but we've let up a sack every single game this year until the SECCG. Something else must have changed from a coaching perspective I think.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
All true. but we've let up a sack every single game this year until the SECCG. Something else must have changed from a coaching perspective I think.
I know little to nothing about O-line play and schemes but from discussing the game and expectations before and after with a coworker who does there seemed to be assignment simplification and better line calls pre-snap.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I know little to nothing about O-line play and schemes but from discussing the game and expectations before and after with a coworker who does there seemed to be assignment simplification and better line calls pre-snap.
Yea, OL play is probably the part of the game I know least about. Which is why this season has been so frustrating to me at times. I just didn't understand what was going on for the most part.

But the difference in play points to the idea that changes were made

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.