Joe Burrow Claims He Separated His Shoulder Thursday Before Last Year's Game

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Ima let someone else field this one...
I don't know. The human mind can do many things.

We had an important night baseball game coming up and I was scheduled to pitch. I woke up that morning with a pinched nerve that created thunderbolts down my back and right arm with almost any movement of my neck or upper body.

My dad gave me a massage. I took a long hot bath and even got into the gym and used the whirlpool before the game. When I showed up I told the coach I couldn't play much less pitch but he begged me to at least warm up on the mound and if I couldn't take it he'd pull me in the first inning.

The first warmup pitch sent shock waves through my arm but somehow I self hypnotized to mask the pain. I remember absolutely nothing of that game and was brought out of my "trance" when the guy doing the stats ran up to me to shake my hand congratulating me for pitching a perfect game. I didn't even know the game was over. I also didn't know that I'd hit two home runs and a double until I read the stat sheet.

The pain returned and didn't go away until I visited a chiropractor two days later.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I played ball in high school with a kid whose shoulder would "pop out" on him from time to time. He'd just come over to the sideline and the coach would "pop it back in" and he'd continue playing. After the season ended he got surgery to tighten up his ligaments or tendons or something to hold it securely in place.

I'm guessing that in his "old age" that old shoulder is giving him some issues.

Ima let someone else field this one...

I call full of bull on him. In the thread about great performances vs LSU he claimed to have pitched against Paul Spivey before he moved to Montgomery. The Spivey's are life-long Montgomery residents. Paul had a younger brother my age. I knew him well. We started 1st grade together and finished high school together.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Depends on the severity of the separation. I separated my left shoulder while playing football in a rowdy pick-up game when I was 15 years old. I throw right handed, but I could not stand the nerve flexing that takes place when rotating the body to heave the ball. Can't imagine being tackled by a full speed musclebound animal with a separated shoulder. So if the separation is 'slight'..then approved medication might help a fellow get thru the game. Hopefully at Burrow's level of play...no coach is going to medicate him to risk a major surgery in order to play against a rival. JMO.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I call full of bull on him. In the thread about great performances vs LSU he claimed to have pitched against Paul Spivey before he moved to Montgomery. The Spivey's are life-long Montgomery residents. Paul had a younger brother my age. I knew him well. We started 1st grade together and finished high school together.
It seems we have our own version of Al Bundy, only this one played baseball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.