Joke thread - including cartoons, memes, and misc - Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The reality is this - anyone who thinks music, food, etc was better 20+ years ago has simply stopped growing.

It's natural, it's normal, but it is what it is.

There is more amazing music being made to day than EVER before. Literally. More crap, too. But there was terrible music made 40 years ago as well.

You can be the guy shaking his fist at clouds or you can go with the flow and enjoy your time...
I agree with this, but it was much easier to find good music 30 or 40 years ago. Even in small towns it was easier to find a live band. At high school dances we had a live band or there was no dance. It was the same when I was at Alabama. There would be all kinds of bands playing on Fraternity Row. It was a lot easier for a working musician to make a living or to supplement his day job.

I don't really look for new music outside of looking on this thread. There's so much outstanding music from the past, I don't find it necessary. I like a lot of the videos you post and sometimes pursue those further.

Reactions: Bazza

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
I am 20 years younger than you. Again disco was a thing in the 70's that cancels out anything good. That is how bad disco was. I was born in the 70's. Sure Zeppelin put out some great music in the 70's and I even own a few CDs and MP3's of Zeppelin. I just cannot get passed the whole disco thing of that decade.
Zeppelin was way overrated.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
"Music sucked in the 70's too. Disco was a thing once and it was and still is crap."

Sounds like you 'writing off' the entire decade....just because of disco.
If that were the case, we'd have to write off every decade since (c)rap music came out.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I feel the need to apologize for this one ahead of time.

But I'm not really sorry. I love it.

:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 16345
That was pretty bad. Got one that's right with it.

Larry Lobster and Sam Clam where best friends. They did everything together. The only difference between them is that Larry was the nicest Lobster ever and Sam, well lets just say he was not so good.

Larry and Sam did so much together that they even died together.

Larry went to heaven and Sam went to hell.

Larry was doing well in heaven and one day St. Peter came up to him and said, “Larry, you know you are the nicest clam we ever had up here. Everyone likes you but you seem to be a bit depressed.

Tell me what is bothering you, maybe I can help.”

Larry said, “Well, don’t get me wrong Pete, I like it up here and everything, but I really miss my good friend Sam Clam. We used to do everything together and I really miss him a lot.”

St. Peter looked at Larry with pity and said to him, “I tell you what, I can arrange it so that you can go down to hell tomorrow and visit Sam all day. How would that sound?”

This made Larry very happy and he got up bright and early the next morning and grabbed his wings, his harp, and his halo and got in the elevator to hell. When the doors opened he was met by Sam. The hugged each other and they were off. You see in Hell Sam owned a disco. The spent the day there together and had a great time. At the end of the day Larry and Sam went back to the elevator together said their goodbyes and Larry got back in the elevator and went up to heaven. He stepped off the elevator and was greeted by St. Peter who blocked the doorway to heaven. He looked at Larry and said, “Larry Lobster, didn’t you forget something?”

Larry looked around and said, “No, I don’t think so I have my halo and my wings.”

St. Peter looked at him and said, “Yes, but what about your harp?” Larry gasped and said, “I Left My Harp in Sam Clam’s Disco.”

• Haha
  • Smash Keyboard
Reactions: seebell and Bazza

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That was pretty bad. Got one that's right with it.

Larry Lobster and Sam Clam where best friends. They did everything together. The only difference between them is that Larry was the nicest Lobster ever and Sam, well lets just say he was not so good.

Larry and Sam did so much together that they even died together.

Larry went to heaven and Sam went to hell.

Larry was doing well in heaven and one day St. Peter came up to him and said, “Larry, you know you are the nicest clam we ever had up here. Everyone likes you but you seem to be a bit depressed.

Tell me what is bothering you, maybe I can help.”

Larry said, “Well, don’t get me wrong Pete, I like it up here and everything, but I really miss my good friend Sam Clam. We used to do everything together and I really miss him a lot.”

St. Peter looked at Larry with pity and said to him, “I tell you what, I can arrange it so that you can go down to hell tomorrow and visit Sam all day. How would that sound?”

This made Larry very happy and he got up bright and early the next morning and grabbed his wings, his harp, and his halo and got in the elevator to hell. When the doors opened he was met by Sam. The hugged each other and they were off. You see in Hell Sam owned a disco. The spent the day there together and had a great time. At the end of the day Larry and Sam went back to the elevator together said their goodbyes and Larry got back in the elevator and went up to heaven. He stepped off the elevator and was greeted by St. Peter who blocked the doorway to heaven. He looked at Larry and said, “Larry Lobster, didn’t you forget something?”

Larry looked around and said, “No, I don’t think so I have my halo and my wings.”

St. Peter looked at him and said, “Yes, but what about your harp?” Larry gasped and said, “I Left My Harp in Sam Clam’s Disco.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.