Jones rated No. 1 QB in NFL draft by one credentialed evaluator

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Anyway, to bring it back to the original topic. I hope Mac kills it in the NFL. He was incredibly fun to watch and I can't believe we got him immediately after Tua.

But, I think someone would have to ignore a lot of his limitations to draft him above some of these other guys who have a lot of tools to work with. And my bet is the success of Josh Allen, rightly or wrongly, has probably influenced a lot of peoples minds on what you need out of a QB and what can be developed.
If Josh Allen’s success is influencing folks to take any of these quarterbacks over Mac then they are going to be looking up to teams like the Saints and Bucs for the forseeable future.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
If Josh Allen’s success is influencing folks to take any of these quarterbacks over Mac then they are going to be looking up to teams like the Saints and Bucs for the forseeable future.
Probably. But i do think it probably impacted peoples views. I also don't think Josh Allen is why they would take Lawrence for example.

The question will be guys like Trey Lance vs Mac

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Probably. But i do think it probably impacted peoples views. I also don't think Josh Allen is why they would take Lawrence for example.

The question will be guys like Trey Lance vs Mac
Lawerence will probably be Bortles 2.0 when it’s all said and done. Fields is a wild card. The real value is Wilson and Jones.

Organizations are always copying success but ultimately usually fail because they don’t understand the process of getting there. The same thing wins that always wins and it’s behind a quarterback that doesn’t make many mistakes.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Lawerence will probably be Bortles 2.0 when it’s all said and done. Fields is a wild card. The real value is Wilson and Jones.

Organizations are always copying success but ultimately usually fail because they don’t understand the process of getting there. The same thing wins that always wins and it’s behind a quarterback that doesn’t make many mistakes.
Disagree on Lawrence but we'll see. I think hes the real deal just isn't as accurate as you'd like sometimes.

Fields I can't get a good read on. And Haskins has scared me even though i think Fields is miles better than Haskins.

Not sure what you mean by value but Wilson is probably going top 5 it sounds like.

I think Mac has a pretty high floor but possibly the lowest "ceiling" unless he turns into Peyton Manning as a processor which i suppose is possible. Idk the term ceilling is weird.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Disagree on Lawrence but we'll see. I think hes the real deal just isn't as accurate as you'd like sometimes.

Fields I can't get a good read on. And Haskins has scared me even though i think Fields is miles better than Haskins.

Not sure what you mean by value but Wilson is probably going top 5 it sounds like.

I think Mac has a pretty high floor but possibly the lowest "ceiling" unless he turns into Peyton Manning as a processor which i suppose is possible. Idk the term ceilling is weird.
My point is Wilson and Mac are the two best quarterbacks in the draft. I think people have convinced themselves that Lawrence is the best thing since sliced bread and can’t accept that he is an extremely gifted quarterback but not anywhere as gifted as his hype suggests.

Personally I think the Jags should trade away the #1 and take more picks from the sucker dumb enough to go all in on Lawrence.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
My point is Wilson and Mac are the two best quarterbacks in the draft. I think people have convinced themselves that Lawrence is the best thing since sliced bread and can’t accept that he is an extremely gifted quarterback but not anywhere as gifted as his hype suggests.

Personally I think the Jags should trade away the #1 and take more picks from the sucker dumb enough to go all in on Lawrence.
Ah okay. I personally buy the Lawrence hype but the good thing is we'll get to find out.

I never really watched much BYU maybe only one game and don't plan on watching more but from what I've read he's probably the 2nd QB taken

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org

He gets a lot of hype from 'lil ole Dabo...! And most fall for it!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
The more I hear of negative evaluations of MJ as to his "athletic ability" the more I think of both TT and JH. Both ran and threw...and neither finished either of their last seasons here uninjured. Both had to had ankle surgeries among other things....

The point being, if you put 30 million into a player at the start...and more later...you want him on the field doing what he can do. I predict we will see LESS running by QB's unless forced to do so, and more play ie., a point guard in distributing the ball.

Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
But that's the kind of thing well run franchises do...
Yeah. The Jags and Meyer are probably going to sink to the bottom of the St Johns with their epic failure of picks.

Personally I’ve been against drafting a quarterback with the first 5 picks because it means you suck on epic proportions and a quarterback isn’t going to change that truth.

Out of the last 5 draft classes. Only one quarterback taken in the top 5 has a ring and that’s Wentz. Wentz has not won a playoff game yet and is on his 2nd team. Goff has been the most successful quarterback taken in the top 5 in the last 5. It really tells you that people are way over emphasizing the quarterback and are not building for a quarterback. It’s like a get rich quick scheme that fails 90% of the time.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yeah. The Jags and Meyer are probably going to sink to the bottom of the St Johns with their epic failure of picks.

Personally I’ve been against drafting a quarterback with the first 5 picks because it means you suck on epic proportions and a quarterback isn’t going to change that truth.

Out of the last 5 draft classes. Only one quarterback taken in the top 5 has a ring and that’s Wentz. Wentz has not won a playoff game yet and is on his 2nd team. Goff has been the most successful quarterback taken in the top 5 in the last 5. It really tells you that people are way over emphasizing the quarterback and are not building for a quarterback. It’s like a get rich quick scheme that fails 90% of the time.
Absolutely correct. The QB may be the most important singular piece relative to all the other pieces, but it is not the foundation.

It’s why I worry about Tua getting traded somewhere like the Texans, and why I like Mac going somewhere like the Bucs or Patriots.

Reactions: 81usaf92

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Some teams are so bad they need to have the first 22 picks to even remotely improve.

Reactions: 81usaf92

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
Absolutely correct. The QB may be the most important singular piece relative to all the other pieces, but it is not the foundation.

It’s why I worry about Tua getting traded somewhere like the Texans, and why I like Mac going somewhere like the Bucs or Patriots.
Being an elite college quarterback is a blessing and a curse.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.