News Article: Josh Chapman Arrested with Second DUI

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Apparently I reached my limit of free views so I can’t read it. Is there any big details in the article, or does the title say it all.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Apparently I reached my limit of free views so I can’t read it. Is there anything big details in the article, or does the title say it all.
Title says it all. No details released other than he was arrested and is held on a $1,000 bond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Such a waste. How about somebody make a safe with a timer lock for your house? Drop your keys in and it locks them up for 12 hours? Maybe a breathalyzer lock? Have to blow sober to open it? Throwing away your career over alcohol is just crazy.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It happened at 3:00 AM Sunday at the corner of Lurleen Wallace and University, for those who can’t get through the paywall.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
The incident you're referring to happened in 2017 and he was asleep at the wheel....this was last Saturday...Doesn't make it any better.
It happened at 3:00 AM Sunday at the corner of Lurleen Wallace and University, for those who can’t get through the paywall.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Here is an example as to why this should not be winked at.
Florida girl who played football, wanted to be a Marine is killed by suspected drunken driver
17 year old, riding her bike, (alleged) drunk driver swerves into the bike lane. Young life ended. She had everything in front of her. Gone.

There was a drunk driver that drove off the road and hit 3 lineworkers not long after we left Mexico Beach last year. They were still there working for co-ops that were hard hit. I think they said they were 20-30 feet off the road when she plowed into 3 killing all 3. It was bad for sure.

It's a shame Josh had this good of a job already and just blew his opportunity.

Sore subject for me. I lost my younger brother and a good friend to a drunk driver in Montgomery in 1983. He was only 22. She was 24 and left behind a 5 year old daughter. The offender tested at .30 blood alcohol level. He had previous offenses of .23 and .21. It was the 1st case in state history where previous DUI offenses were allowed as evidence in court against him. He received a 10 year sentence on 2 counts of manslaughter and served 6 1/2 years. He still owes restitution to the state and both families. The state claims they can't find him.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I guess the only positive about Chapman is that he seems to be passed out in his car. I know they are two different threads, but some of the above posts about the drunk drivers killing people is why I don't think the 16 year old killing the Auburn announcer should get off light and it shouldn't be viewed as a mistake. People must start taking responsibility for their actions and have to suffer the consequences or things could be worse one day.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I like to drink but I wisely choose to do so in the privacy of my own home where I am not in any way a potential risk to others. Those that insist on drinking and putting others at risk need to face severe consequences before they take a life.

On a personal note, I hope he sees the need to get professional help. Career-wise, He no longer needs to be officially part of the program. You cannot lead young men in an official role at the university when you have this kind of problem. He’s severely compromised and needs to be shown the door.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
since the tuscaloosa news is behind a paywall...

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/07/alabama-football-staffer-arrested-for-dui.html

These things used to be winked at, laughed at, and treated like Andy treated Otis. Today is (should be) different. $1000 bond is WAY too low for a 2nd offense.
From the viewpoint of a retired LEO...
$1000 is too low for a second offense.
It appears that Josh may have an alcohol problem. Shame.
My best guess is that Josh may not be with us too much longer.
I hate it, but that's the way it is.
As one of our Staff and as a Strength and Fitness guy, I expected better.
Coach Saban is notorious for giving guys a second chance,
but Josh has blown that chance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.