Josh Heupel to Oklahoma?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Could be a good hire, but I'd think OU would want an offensive minded coach.
That would make sense based on their history. But perhaps they are thinking a defensive head coach puts them on a better future trajectory?

They’ve already seen that even their best offenses in recent memory haven’t been able to compete against Bama and Georgia in the playoffs. Meanwhile if anyone has had success against the top of the SEC, it’s been Clemson. And most in the know would give Venables as much credit for that as Swinney.

IF there’s truth to this rumor, perhaps this is OU’s way of trying to find an edge prior to that transition?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I'm not sure how I missed this whole thread but here's my post from the coaching carousel thread.

True but can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of tooth that would occur in Vol land if another head coach bolted after one year?

My wife and I were laughing about this possibility last night and she was absolutely giddy about the prospect (however slim) and how the low-down, dirty, lying snitches would react.

I've done pretty well with that young lady that I brought out of Texas, if I do say so myself. :)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I'm not sure how I missed this whole thread but here's my post from the coaching carousel thread.

My wife and I were laughing about this possibility last night and she was absolutely giddy about the prospect (however slim) and how the low-down, dirty, lying snitches would react.

I've done pretty well with that young lady that I brought out of Texas, if I do say so myself. :)
Sounds like a good woman.

Reactions: UAllday

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
A couple of guys from The Athletic (Feldman and Staples, I think) both indicated on their respective podcasts that the relationship between OU and Heupel and specifically Stoops and Heupel is strained at best. Very unlikely that they would try to hire him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.