Josh Pate Bama video

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
We'll have a tiny QB battle in spring....I expect it to go to the better passer. We'll have a couple of new RB's. Other than that, WRs and OL are a wait and see. WR group has talent. OL group, who knows, hope a group steps up.
I expect the OL to be better, RB will be worse based on what we’ve seen and the WRs may go from “embarrassing” to “mediocre”, which is an improvement but that’s damning with faint praise.

QB will be such a Dropoff I’m not sure y’all are prepared. It is going to be such a step backwards.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I expect the OL to be better, RB will be worse based on what we’ve seen and the WRs may go from “embarrassing” to “mediocre”, which is an improvement but that’s damning with faint praise.

QB will be such a Dropoff I’m not sure y’all are prepared. It is going to be such a step backwards.
Of course QB is going to be a drop off from a Heisman trophy winner that is also Houdini Superman. Nothing can be as bad as what happened vs Texas A&M though.

Reactions: Con

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I don't have much of the knowledge regarding the sport that many of you guys have; however, I was Department Chair at my college for ten years, and one of my responsibilities was to observe every teacher in class once a year. One thing never failed. When a teacher was organized, prepared, and competent, the class paid attention or at least pretended to. When the teacher was unprepared, disorganized, or off topic, the student behavior in class reflected that. They often spoke while the teacher was talking, texted, played around on their laptops, openly fell asleep, etc. The lack of faith the students had in their teacher was noteworthy. They shouldn't have been disrespectful, but they were.

Bama's athletes are not unintelligent. I wonder if they have 'checked out' on these coordinators due to a lack of faith in them.

As a supervisor I couldn't fire a faculty member mid-semester unless they did something super egregious (sexual harrasment for example). We had to call them out, identify the problem, create a plan, and give them a window of time to fix it. Like most of you, I think enough time has passed (especially with PG) to have seen that kind of improvement already, but I imagine (hope) that both their ships have sailed, and Coach Saban will do what needs to be done.
Actually I like your analogy very much.

I don’t believe that Golding checked out. But I do believe he’s in over his head. I think if the other team (Mississippi State) is not capable of making adjustments, we do fine.

I think he’s capable of scheming a great plan. But he’s not able to adjust on the fly.

O’Brien was the old school teacher ready to retire who’s basically letting the star pupil teach the class. I just believe that Bryce was given too much responsibility this year.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He's going to have to fire both coordinators and find good replacements. I'm not sure he will be able to do that. Lane Kiffin and Sark were all time great OCs. I think Daboll would be my pick for best after those two honestly. I'm not sure he gets enough credit for how well he handled Hurts and Tua. I'm not sure Bama will get someone of that caliber. Bama needs a great OC, not just a competent one.
I think any coordinator hired by Saban going forward will take the job with an eye on the prize. IOW, I think his age will mean more people willing to take the gig - knowing they could be in line to replace him.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't have much of the knowledge regarding the sport that many of you guys have; however, I was Department Chair at my college for ten years, and one of my responsibilities was to observe every teacher in class once a year. One thing never failed. When a teacher was organized, prepared, and competent, the class paid attention or at least pretended to. When the teacher was unprepared, disorganized, or off topic, the student behavior in class reflected that. They often spoke while the teacher was talking, texted, played around on their laptops, openly fell asleep, etc. The lack of faith the students had in their teacher was noteworthy. They shouldn't have been disrespectful, but they were.

Bama's athletes are not unintelligent. I wonder if they have 'checked out' on these coordinators due to a lack of faith in them.

As a supervisor I couldn't fire a faculty member mid-semester unless they did something super egregious (sexual harrasment for example). We had to call them out, identify the problem, create a plan, and give them a window of time to fix it. Like most of you, I think enough time has passed (especially with PG) to have seen that kind of improvement already, but I imagine (hope) that both their ships have sailed, and Coach Saban will do what needs to be done.
This is a great post, thanks for sharing your experience.

Reactions: Bamaatthebeach

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think any coordinator hired by Saban going forward will take the job with an eye on the prize. IOW, I think his age will mean more people willing to take the gig - knowing they could be in line to replace him.
Yep. I even think that’s why you can grab any up and comer OC to come to Bama

If Lane Kiffin could turn Blake Sims into a megastar, I’m confident he can take this stable of quarterbacks and do the same. We just need to find someone on Kiffin’s level

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

If Lane Kiffin could turn Blake Sims into a megastar, I’m confident he can take this stable of quarterbacks and do the same. We just need to find someone on Kiffin’s level
I'd call Hugh Freeze and tell him "If Jesus forgives, so do we".

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
He's right straight down the line.

Only one niggle: I think he's right in that it takes a long time to build a dynasty. But he also said it takes a long time to erode one.

I disagree there. Erosion doesn't happen overnight. But it does happen a lot faster than building.
You are right. Anyone who took thermodynamics in college remembers the second law of thermodynamics. Paraphrased it states everything in the universe falls apart. Things fall apart much more quickly that they come together. That applies to a dynasty as much as anything else.

Reactions: UAH

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015

He got everything out of Sims plus another 10%. You could tell he was pushing his abilities past his limits in the OSU loss.

Reactions: seebell

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
Josh is finally seeing what many of us have been seeing for a couple of years now.

I'm a regular listener and until now he's looked at the players, has propped up Gol*ing, etc. As late as last week he talked about Bama's "6th ranked defense", asking if Bama fans understood that the defense was as good as they were. I know he watches a lot of games, but it's felt like he's been basing his opinion on stats rather than what we all see on the field.

Regardless, he's 100% right - this isn't Bama football. I hope he's correct that massive changes are coming. They just have to be.
From what he was saying it sounds like Tim Watts opened his eyes to what has happened the last two years.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I do not think this is going to pan out to be true.

There is plenty of talent on this roster that will be coming back, then the recruiting class coming in. We may have to accept a "rebuilding" year and I'm not going to posit what that means record-wise. But with a new QB, there will be growing pains. But that new QB ought to be very talented.
I think Ty Simpson will be our QB next year. Of course, he won't be on the level of BY, but it may cause the team to be better and more balanced.

Gray posted in another thread that he thinks this year's team just stands back and lets BY do his thing.

And, based on what I've seen this year out of this pathetic offensive approach (save BY's heroics), I don't think it's much of a stretch to say we'll be a more balanced offense next year...maybe even more productive.

With the portal, we really don't know what sort of talent we'll have in 2023.
I know you are not specifically saying we'll bring in a QB from the portal so what I'm about to say isn't directed at you, but if we start bringing in QBs (somebody suggested if NC's OC was hired that Drake May might transfer) then I think it'll destroy our QB recruiting.

I'm not saying it's wrong to get a QB from the portal if you know you don't have a capable guy, but the idea of bringing in someone in front of our QB room could be problematic IMO.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I think Ty Simpson will be our QB next year. Of course, he won't be on the level of BY, but it may cause the team to be better and more balanced.

Gray posted in another thread that he thinks this year's team just stands back and lets BY do his thing.

And, based on what I've seen this year out of this pathetic offensive approach (save BY's heroics), I don't think it's much of a stretch to say we'll be a more balanced offense next year...maybe even more productive.

I know you are not specifically saying we'll bring in a QB from the portal so what I'm about to say isn't directed at you, but if we start bringing in QBs (somebody suggested if NC's OC was hired that Drake May might transfer) then I think it'll destroy our QB recruiting.

I'm not saying it's wrong to get a QB from the portal if you know you don't have a capable guy, but the idea of bringing in someone in front of our QB room could be problematic IMO.
You’re right about the QB recruiting impact, but if it’s the right guy, like a Drake Maye, then I’m onboard. Not that it matters.

Milroe looked bad in the A&M game. With the exception of his running ability, I just don’t see any elite QB abilities in his game. The fact that Simpson must not be better than that right now is concerning, so I’m ok with bringing in someone who is elite.

Also, if either of them were at a level good enough, I think Young would not have played against UT or Miss St. i believe he is hurt, and perhaps even injured, and he doesn’t look anything like the QB from earlier this year or last year throwing the ball, but has been in there out of necessity.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.