Josh Pate video (Saban & Dabo's Futures)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Per the video:

Bama:
Doesn't really think there is real program "slippage", just a year of unmet expectations in relation to what level of talent came back. Most people expected them to win the title and to be one of Saban's
better teams.

* Player development is starting to be a concern, specifically the DL and WR

* Talent is continuing to come in, by far the #1 recruiting class for 2023.

In summary, Bama more than likely isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Pate is almost always rambly which is why I don't listen to his podcast. He'll talk for 10 minutes and only have about 2 minutes of actual information. He's not the only one that does this.
What pate is is a guy that tries to be the voice of the “traditional” college football fan, and people take this as “he is smart and unbiased” because he says the things that they believe on air. But what many fail to realize is that he is just like the klatt’s and Finebaum’s of the world that must push nonsense and rants because they work for industries that force them to do so. Some of it is 100% bogus filler or totally incorrect information. The Auburn coaching search was probably the most public of these instances.

Pate is okay, and better than most, but I really don’t see him as mana from heaven like many do. Most of his stuff to me seems like filler than facts and discussion.

Reactions: 27rings

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
Per the video:

Bama:
Doesn't really think there is real program "slippage", just a year of unmet expectations in relation to what level of talent came back. Most people expected them to win the title and to be one of Saban's
better teams.

* Player development is starting to be a concern, specifically the DL and WR

* Talent is continuing to come in, by far the #1 recruiting class for 2023.

In summary, Bama more than likely isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
As I said in a different post Bama just needs a few good hires and to continue to do what it’s doing in recruiting and there is no issue. The roster is stacked with more talent coming in. This class looks crazy good with more coming in. Just get a couple of guys to use the talent well at the coordinator level and go collect your rings.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.