Josh Primo also testing NBA waters - UPDATE he's officially going pro (Spurs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Would be tempting, but I hope he plays the long game and comes back for another year of smoothing off the rough edges.

He kinda disappeared at times this year (before his injury) and to me that shows his youth and immaturity as a player. I just think another year will make him a better pro prospect!
I agree with you completely. I would imagine these projections are far from a guarantee and in his case based largely on potential. Would be great to see him return and make it a lock.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
He would honestly leave more money on the table of he does go this early ... we are talking a contract worth thousands verses a contract next year worth millions.

Reactions: seebell

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
It's always a risk benefit proposition. Don't generally blame kids that want to go early because a lot can happen in a year.
I get it ... both options are more than what I'm making so I'm not mad at all lol.

I just want them to get the best possible outcome out of the solution.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If the kid is getting vibes he could go in the first round I suspect he'll go. I don't know his family financial situation, but even if it's relatively good, first round money RIGHT NOW would be hard to turn down.

But man, I'm just thinking about his play this year and as good as it was at times, it also had equal moments where he seemed to struggle with college competition.

I guess I don't understand the pro-draft, but it just seems based on his play last year he needs another year at the college level to be ready for the pro game.

Reactions: CraigD

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If the kid is getting vibes he could go in the first round I suspect he'll go. I don't know his family financial situation, but even if it's relatively good, first round money RIGHT NOW would be hard to turn down.
It would be but the difference in going around 10th in the draft and late in the 1st round is over double the money on the rookie contract. About $11M at #10 and about $5M at #30. If you are farily certain you can be a lottery pick you should wait or you are giving up about $6M.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
It would be but the difference in going around 10th in the draft and late in the 1st round is over double the money on the rookie contract. About $11M at #10 and about $5M at #30. If you are farily certain you can be a lottery pick you should wait or you are giving up about $6M.
He’s maybe a late 2nd round flier if he comes out now IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.