Josh Primo Drafted #12 (Spurs)

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Wooooooooow. HUGE!!! Congrats Primo!!!
He went from undrafted to 12th overall!?! Cant write it better than that. I literally just turned on the draft thinking we were getting close to where he may be picked. Needless to say I've never been happier to be late lol RTR!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Wow! #12 at the tender age of 18. Congratulations, Josh! 2 years with Oats, 2 lottery picks - I reckon that should help recruiting...
True ... I'm thinking there's a good chance this trend continues next year. Good times for Bama basketball

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm a little blown away, frankly. I didn't see that coming but man I'm so happy for him.

Once again, I've proved to myself I'm not good at projecting college players to the NBA.

Great for recruiting too, as others have said. Bama B-ball is just at another level right now!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If Primo ever was given the opportunity to play in the Olympics, which country would he play for? Assuming both the US and Canada wanted him.

Sorry just popped into my head.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If Primo ever was given the opportunity to play in the Olympics, which country would he play for? Assuming both the US and Canada wanted him.

Sorry just popped into my head.
Good question. I found this article and you can compete for a country you were not born in but I believe you have to have dual citizenship and a few other factors can weigh into it also. So I believe if Josh were to become a US cititzen also he could compete for either.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Good question. I found this article and you can compete for a country you were not born in but I believe you have to have dual citizenship and a few other factors can weigh into it also. So I believe if Josh were to become a US cititzen also he could compete for either.

Good stuff, I was going to say I remembered several NBA players doing the same, either they were initially born in or ethnic descendants of the country they played for. So saying that to say ... I wouldn't be at all surprised if Primo would play for Canada, I think if I remember correctly, it was his play with Team Canada during high school that drew a lot of attention his way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.