Junk Threads

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Why are we subjected to what I am calling "junk threads" or links to USA Today, ESPN, etc., in mass? We know where those sites are located...all this does is clog up the "what's new" filter. I guess it's a certain poster's way of getting clicks and making money...that's my gripe for the month.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I’m tired if that one thread, that one subject because that’s all everyone is talking about. Camp starts soon, we should be talking football! Or recruiting!

im not just talking about Tidefans, I’m talking about
the CFB world!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Why are we subjected to what I am calling "junk threads" or links to USA Today, ESPN, etc., in mass? We know where those sites are located...all this does is clog up the "what's new" filter. I guess it's a certain poster's way of getting clicks and making money...that's my gripe for the month.
Are you referring to the Tidefans articles that say “USA NEWS” in red and few people reply to, or just dumb threads.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
That's how LBN came in to being. New to the board I was posting everything I saw about Bama. It was so much that Earl and Bayouttider suggested I post a single thread and call it The Latest Bama News. Earl suggested that I contact Brad, crimsonaudio. and get him to stick the thread, and I'll bet he got tired of it every Monday morning!😂 I think it was the prime mover of appointing me as a FB Mod., also because I was here everyday. When my wife passed I started posting 99.5 % Bama news only, or certainly if it was SEC news that pertained to Bama. At least I don't clog up the New threads it only comes up once now! ;)

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
That's how LBN came in to being. New to the board I was posting everything I saw about Bama. It was so much that Earl and Bayouttider suggested I post a single thread and call it The Latest Bama News. Earl suggested that I contact Brad, crimsonaudio. and get him to stick the thread, and I'll bet he got tired of it every Monday morning!😂 I think it was the prime mover of appointing me as a FB Mod., also because I was here everyday. When my wife passed I started posting 99.5 % Bama news only, or certainly if it was SEC news that pertained to Bama. At least I don't clog up the New threads it only comes up once now! ;)
And you are GREAT at this...yours is one thread that I check at the first when signing on.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
In the words of a famous (if not nearly my favorite) singer "Don't go changin' "! Love what you do!!!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well I have thanked you before and will do so again now. Lady In Red got me hooked on the LBN posts and I am just grateful that you take the time to do it here. Thanks again Kyallie!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm a bit confused, but I'm glad it's stuck. I check it first also...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Yes, I understand what you’re talking about. It’s the links/threads posted by Crimson Tide Reporter (or something similar. Can’t remember the poster’s exact name). It is not @kyallie LBN threads (which are great!).

When these are posted and you click on “What’s New” the regular threads are buried by 20 threads of the latest news for Bama and other SEC teams. It can go on for a couple of pages when you use the “What’s New” tab and want to look at the latest posts for each one. Can be frustrating if you’re wanting to see what threads have been updated in the last 30 minutes or so.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Yes, I understand what you’re talking about. It’s the links/threads posted by Crimson Tide Reporter (or something similar. Can’t remember the poster’s exact name). It is not @kyallie LBN threads (which are great!).

When these are posted and you click on “What’s New” the regular threads are buried by 20 threads of the latest news for Bama and other SEC teams. It can go on for a couple of pages when you use the “What’s New” tab and want to look at the latest posts for each one. Can be frustrating if you’re wanting to see what threads have been updated in the last 30 minutes or so.
Except for the fact that it lasts for several hours...you are precisely correct.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.